𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6

Encanto, Colombia
1949

The casita was as lively as ever, everyone up and running about to prepare the house for celebration. Tonight was the night Elena's dear nephew, Antonio, was finally getting his gift and everyone was ever so nervous since the last....incident.

"Good morning, tia!" Mirabel chimed as she ran passed Elena, smiling at her niece as she continued to walk down the stairs. The weather was typically perfect on days like this, if poor Pepa wasn't anxious and running around trying to make sure everything was as perfect as possible. Félix, Pepa's husband, was trying his best to calm her down as she continued to pace around. "Pepa, mi querida amiga, what troubles you so much?" Elena reached the bottom of the stairs and walked over to her worried friend, who was now stroking her red hair to calm herself down. "It's my baby's day and it's not perfect, everything has to be perfect" she stated as she continued to run about whilst Félix trailed on behind her. "The flowers, the flowers!" He went on as Elena smiled and began to walk towards the kitchen where Julieta resided, baking as per usual.

"Morning Julieta" she smiled at her sister-in-law as Julieta looked over to her and smiled back, shoving a pastry into her mouth to taste test it for her. Elena gave her a thumbs up as Julieta beamed proudly. "It's like magic or something" she joked around as she took another bite of the delicious pastry. Julieta giggled as she looked over her "Whoa" she said as Mirabel walked in, a huge basket in hand and placed it onto the counter, panting. "Mi vida, you okay? You don't have to overdo it." Mirabel sighed. "I know mama but I just want to do my part like the rest of the family" she began placing various items on the counter from the basket. "She's right, amor" Agustin walked in, bloated from bee stings as Mirabel cringed. Elena smiled and shook her head as he went on and on about him a Félix while a poor Mirabel just smiled and nodded her head.

"Don't overdo it, amor. You're just fine the way you are" Elena quickly hugged her niece and exited the kitchen, greeting her other nieces and nephews.

The casita was full to the brim of people celebrating, dancing and eating all around whilst the houses tiles came to live and seem to greet everyone. It was not long now till Antonio would receive his gift and Elena was so very happy and proud for her youngest nephew. However, she couldn't help but feel a sting to the heart knowing that her dearest Bruno couldn't be here for it. The crowd and family began to get into formation as Alma stood above everyone else on the staircase, the miracle candle in here hands as she recited the meaning of the candle and it's purpose to the crowd. Elena had heard it many times already and the information went into one ear and out the other. She couldn't stop thinking about Bruno, who was missing out on all these memories with his family. Missing out on meeting his wonderful nieces and nephews and missing out on how much his sisters missed him. How much she missed him.

The crowd went silent, Antonio beginning to walk towards Abuela hand in hand with Mirabel, who had been rejected from the moment her ceremony went down hill. Oh how she felt sorry for the poor girl. Mirabel had let go of Antonio's hand as he reached the stairs and moved along to the side where she couldn't be seen, her body language telling a whole story of pain and maybe even jealousy. Elena had moved over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, letting her know she was there for her always and hugged her as Antonio opened his door and was given his gift, communication with animals.
Everyone cheered and clapped as they stormed into his new room and the party began, dancing and singing, drinking and eating, it certainly was a celebration.

Elena celebrated alongside her family and congratulated her nephew, smothering him with kisses and hugs before noticing Mirabel was no where in sight. She frowned as she made her way through the crowds on the hunt for the girl, finding her outside the new room and on the stairway steps with her knees hugged close to her chest. Elena sat next to the girl and sighed, looking over to her and smiling softly as she wrapped her arm around her niece.