𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12

Encanto, Colombia
1949

"Camilo, if you're going to make fun of your tio, at least do it right"

They were all sat at dinner and Camilo was entertaining by pretending to be Bruno, basically poking harmless fun at him that Elena found cute and hilarious. She placed her hand on top of her nephews head and push him down to Bruno's appropriate height. She patted his head and smiled. "Much better." "Can't believe that's what you're worried about here" Bruno joked around as she smiled over to him and shrugged. "Got to be a supportive Tia and by the way, stop slouching amor. You're setting a bad example to our sobrinas y sobrinos" she patted his back to get him to sit up properly and pointed over to a slouching Camilo, who was now his regular self again. "See? I stand corrected."

It was evening and everyone was saying their good nights and sweet dreams to each other, hugging and kissing as they all retreated to their respected rooms. Elena had just finished hugging Dolores goodnight when she felt a warm hand grab hers and turn her around gently. "It's been a long time since I've been in my own bed" Bruno smiled as Elena giggled softly and agreed, she hadn't been in his room for quite awhile too. "I'm not climbing all those stairs, amor, so let's just snuggle in the room I've been using, yes?" She asked as he merely just nodded. She led him to the little room she had been sleeping in for the past few years and although it was small, they both didn't mind. The bed felt full again to her as they both sat down in it and snuggled into the sheets, warm in each other's embrace as they sat in the dark of the room wide awake. The moon illuminated parts of the room as Elena spoke up softly. "For ten years i tossed and turned in these sheets longing for your presence beside me again, and those long nights I couldn't get sleep I would sit here and cry as I thought of all the times we spent together. Now that you're here again with me, I never want to see you leave again. Please don't ever leave me again. I love you so much, Bruno."

He smiled in the dark as he hugged her closer to him, a warmth he had missed for so so long and kissed the top of her head. "Words cannot describe how sorry I am, and even if I could describe it you know it would be terrible since I suck at words" they both laughed softly in the dark as he continued. "I longed to be beside you too, to hold you and kiss you. Trust me, amor, I watched you everyday and longed to be there with you-" "that's totally not creepy" Elena interrupted him as he rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Shut up, I'm trying to be sincere here." She laughed and apologized and he continued. "I love you, Elena. I'll forever love you and owe everything to you, and I'll spend everyday proving it to you." She finished as she sat up beside him. "Promise?" She asked as he caressed her cheek and admired her facial features that showed from the moonlight peaking in. "I promise, and I'll start proving it to you right now" he stated as he pulled her onto his lap. "Bold of you, Madrigal. Especially after ten years..." she smiled as he chuckled and kissed her chin. "I like to think I still got it, even after all these years" he chuckled again as they kissed softly. "Whatever you say, Madrigal."

He sat up and pushed her back onto the bed, climbing on top of her as she laughed and covered her face. "Stop laughing, I'm trying. It's been a long time" he said seriously but smiled as she snorted. "I love you" she giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down as she kissed him passionately, something she missed as his hands wandered up her gown.

It was morning and the sun was shining bright on Elena's face, her eyes fluttering open and scanning the room. An arm laced around her waist hugged tighter as she sat up to fix her bed hair. She looked down and saw her husband sleeping so soundly, after years of probably not being in a proper bed. She smiled as there was a loud knock on the door followed by a happy voice and several other voices of family members chaotically getting ready for breakfast. She kissed Bruno's head softly before getting up and quickly getting dressed before exiting the room and walking down to the kitchen to Crete everyone. "Good morning, Tia!" Mirabel greeted as she hugged her tightly before sitting down beside her dad. "Good morning, Mirabel. And good morning to the rest of my beautiful family" she smiled as everyone turned to her and smiled. Pepa walked in with a book in hand and a smile across her face. "Good morning, Elena. Where's Bruno?" She asked as she hugged Elena. "Still sleeping, he looked far too peaceful to wake up" she smiled as they both sat down at the table just as breakfast was served.

It was a pleasant meal that everyone enjoyed and when they were finished, they all went off to do there daily chores. Things felt so much different now though, less pressure on everyone. Julieta stayed in the kitchen to clean up as Elena helped her and cleaned up the table and floor. It was already nearly afternoon before Bruno finally wandered into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes as Elena and Julieta turned to him with as smile across their faces. "Well good morning!" Julieta greeted as her eyes immediately locked onto his hair, which was a curly mess. Elena cringed and giggled. "Good morning, amor. That is some beautiful hair, I must say" she smiled as he yawned.

"Tia!" A panting Mirabel ran past Bruno and into the kitchen, grabbing her aunts arm. "I was talking to everyone and we were wondering if you could please please pleaseeeee take us to your favourite place? You know, the place you, Mom, tia and tio went?" She smiled wide and begged as Elena looked over to a smiling Julieta and shrugged. "I would love to take you all there. Maybe we can make it a family trip?" Julieta nodded in agreement and excitement as Mirabel cheered and ran off to get the rest of the gang. "Well, suppose we should get ready then" she turned to Julieta who was already preparing food and then turned to her husband who was now stretching his tired body. "Come on, you. Let's get you ready for the day" she smiled as she grabbed his hand and headed towards their room.

She was sitting on a stool in the corner of the small room packing up a few of her supplies into a bag as Bruno finished buttoning up his shirt and walked over to her, lifting her chin up to look at him. "Who's the one slouching now?" He teased as she laughed slightly and smiled up to him, his long fingers moving from her chin to her neck softly as he leaned down to kiss her. A loud knock on the door scared him enough to, however, bolt back up and cause her to laugh more. "We're coming!" She shouted to the door as he held his chest and sighed. "You'll get use to it, amor. They missed you so very much" she stood up and kissed his cheek as she picked up her bag and tossed it over her shoulder. He opened the door for her and held her hand as they made their way to the entrance of the home where the rest of their family waited eagerly for them.

The morning breeze was warm as it passed through her hair whilst she painted and watched her husband from afar bonding with his nieces and nephews. "It feels nice to do this again after so long, doesn't it?" Julieta asked as she sat next to her best friend, watching her paint as she smiled and nodded and continued her work before hearing her name be shouted. Bruno came running with his shirt soaked and immediately stopped in front of them both as they just stared up at him. "Yes, amor?" Elena asked as he just continued to stand there, staring at her for a moment before picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder, turning around and heading back to the water bend. Julieta merely just giggled as Elena called for help, being dragged out into the warm water and splashed by everyone which soaked her clothing and hair. "Thank you, I love it when you guys show me just how much you love me"

They all laughed and continued to splash about as Mirabel sent a huge wave to Bruno, knocking him down and soaking him in the process. He chuckled as Elena let out a heavy laugh and offered to help him up, also getting pulled down into the clear water into her husbands embrace. Mirabel laughed. "Hernando could come around one of these days, he scared of nothing, after all". Bruno laughed and agreed as everyone else, including Elena, curiously wondered who they were talking about.

"Who is Hernando?" Elena asked as Bruno just shrugged it off. "I'll explain it later, amor"

word count: 1586