𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 15

Encanto, Colombia
1949

The next morning had come and the sun shone brightly outside as everyone began to awake from their slumber. Elena was already up and in the kitchen, taking a deep breath as she felt a headache coming, rocking her head. Julieta had stepped into the kitchen when she saw Elena in the corner rubbing the temple of her forehead trying to comfort the ache all around. "Elena? Are you feeling okay?" She turned around and smiled. "Of course, just woke up with a little headache is all. Didn't want to wake up Bruno so I came down here" Julieta smiled as she began to fix up some breakfasts. "I believe I have just the thing for that" she smiled as she began to whip something up. "Carina called me and Bruno mama and papa last night..." Elena admitted as Julieta turned to her with her head tilted but a small smile on her face. "Really? So soon? Well, that's wonderful! That means she's happy to be here with us!" Julieta smiled over to Elena who frowned. "Bruno was so happy, and so was I but...what if her parents come? Or someone comes for her? She's not technically ours...what if I disappoint him again...? I can't do that to Bruno...not after everything he's been through...this is all he's ever wanted..." Elena sniffled as Julieta pulled her in for a hug. "Aw Elena, don't cry, that was never your fault. And, just based on what I've heard about her, it doesn't seem like someone will come for her, that's probably why she attached to you both so soon....she knows you're the ones for her...please, don't cry..." Julieta soothed her as Elena tried to calm down but just couldn't, tears were flowing down her cheeks. "Ones for her...a baby...my very own baby...what if I fail again though..?" Elena said through tears and Julieta hugged her even tighter. "You won't, you never did, it was never your fault." Elena hugged onto Julieta's waist as she cried harder, remembering.

......
...
..
.
.
.
"Don't worry, darling, I'll be fine! We'll be fine!"
...
.
.
.
...
.
"Hopefully soon, we're both very excited for our little one to come!"....
.
.
.
...
.
.
.
.
...
"Wait...what do you mean? I...no...did I...?"....
.
....
..
.
.
.
..
"Shh amor, it's okay, you're okay, shhh"...
.
..
.
..
.
.
...
.
"Oh Bruno! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"....
.
.
..
.
.
..
..
"My baby...our darling baby....".
.
.
...
..
.
.
.
.
....

"Never again, it won't happen again, Carina will be safe." "Yes, she will. Don't worry, Elena. You'll be a great mother to her, I just know it. Both you and Bruno will be wonderful parents." She smiled as Elena sniffled again and wiped away the tears streaming down her cheeks. "Are you feeling better now?" Julieta asked as Elena chuckled and nodded. "Yes, much better. Sorry to interrupt your cooking." "That's alright, don't ever apologize for that, you're my priority, always have been and always will." Elena smiled at her as Julieta began to cook again, a small child entering the kitchen with messy curly hair and rubbing their tired eyes. Elena smiled down at Carina and got up. "Good morning, sweetheart. Shall we get you ready for the day?" Elena asked as Carina nodded and looked up to her, lifting her arms up and wanting to be picked up. Elena giggled as she picked up a tired Carina and went to go look for older clothes her nieces use to wear when they were younger, something that would hopefully fit her.

The clothing were still a little big on her but she looked cute. The shirt she wore was an old one of Mirabel's but the skirt was one that Elena wore in her childhood. She would grow into it, not to mention Mirabel could probably fix it up to her liking. Elena braided the young girls hair into a short braid and kissed the top of her forehead as Carina giggled. "There we go, amor, all ready for the day. Now, let's go eat some breakfast." Carina quickly agreed and ran off towards the kitchen as Elena followed behind, smiling wide at her little run. The kitchen was full already with family members helping to cook and sitting down to eat and Carina made herself right at home by sitting in her respected chair next to Elenas, Bruno's chair still being empty. "Has anyone seen Bruno?" Elena asked as everyone shook their heads. "Hm, do you mind keeping an eye on her? I'll go check on him" Elena asked and everyone nodded as she exited the kitchen to go find Bruno. She began to look around, his room was empty and looked as if he hadn't been there recently, especially to use his gift. The rest of the casita was quiet besides the kitchen, which was loud with her nieces and nephews laughing and talking. She began to feel worried as she stepped outside and eventually found him staring off to the village, which was beginning to fill up with people going around to run errands. "Amor, is something wrong?" Elena asked as she approached him whilst he turned around to face her. He nodded his head. "Yes, of course, just doing some laundry before I accidentally got distracted" he apologized as he pointed off to the distance where he had some older clothes hanging and dancing along with the morning breeze, most of the clothing was of which she hadn't seen him where since he first left. He even had his iconic green ruana hanging up to dry, leaving him in his dark burgundy button up shirt along with those worn out brown trousers, although they did look a lot more fixed up, probably the work of Mirabel.