Stay

9:59 AM
Back at the coffee place.

    Gray stood by the entrance, waiting for Carmen to show. His heart was racing with thoughts, and tried to think of ways to make conversation.

     "Heya, mate." A womans voice said. "Hm?" Gray looked up and smiled. "Hey, mate. Guess you missed me huh?" Carmen grabbed his wrist and pulled him in the opposite direction of the coffee place. "Carmen? The coffee shop is that wa-" "I know Mr. Electrician sir! I'm taking you somewhere else." Carmen put her hand over Gray's mouth so he wouldn't ask questions.

     "We're here." Carmen nudged Gray in the shoulder. "Crikey that hurt. Woah, what's this?" He stood up and rubbed his shoulder. "Mi casa. Well, the place that Player got me for a few days." Carmen took out her earbud and held it close to Gray's hearing range.

   "Hey Gray, glad to see your okay."
"Hello, mate. Thanks, you also."  There was an awkward silence due to lack of conversation which caused Carmen to hang up and drag Gray inside her rented house. "Welcome to the casa." Carmen opened her door and hung her keys on the rack. "Woah, mate!"

    Carmen had a red couch, a coffee machine, fancy hat racks and a huge TV. Plus it smelled like cinnamon rolls.

   "Did you do this yourself?" Gray ran his hands across the sparkly clean marble counter. "Zack and Ivy helped of course. Zack is the only one out of me and her who can reach the highest shelf." Carmen smiled and took off her red coat and fedora. She had on her black jumpsuit with a new pair of cat socks.

    "Cat socks? Quite the fashion icon!"
Gray joked as he followed her into the bedroom. "Still have your awful sarcasm..." Carmen sat on her bed and patted the spot next to her for Gray to sit at. "Anything important yoy wanted to speak about?" "Not exactly. I just wanted to hang out. Your the only one available currently since Zack and Ivy joined ACME. So, do what you want."

   "Let's talk." Gray scooted over next to Carmen and smiled.  "I'm sorry for complicating your life and leaving you, Gray." Carmen placed her hand on top of Gray's and gave a small frown. "Mate, it's fine. At least your here now."