CHAPTER FOUR

When we got to Starbucks, Knox and I found Nya sitting outside. She was wrapped up in a black trench coat and scarf with an expensive pair of sunglasses I was pretty sure Rikland gave her. Knox joined her in the sunglasses wearing party.

"So, how was your night?" I asked, plopping down at the iron table. Pulling up my chair, Nya cringed back slightly.

"Audrey, I love you, but please keep it down. I have a massive headache," she said before pinching the bridge of her nose. Knox slowly sat down so as to not make the chair screech across the stone. He leaned back.

"God, how much did you two have to drink last night?" I asked. I hadn't had enough to give me a terrible headache, but I still hadn't been completely sure how I got home.

Nya shook her head. "Too much."

"Way too much."

"Obviously," I muttered. I looked at the table and saw there was no coffee in front of Nya. "Have you not ordered yet?"

"I tried, but it was so loud in there. So, I waited for you two."

"In other words, you want me to get you your coffee." She smiled vaguely.

"You know I hate talking to baristas." Rolling my eyes, I stood.

"Do you want your normal?" She nodded. I turned to Knox. "And do you want your pink drink-"

"Hey! No!" He glanced at Nya. "I don't drink pink drinks. I'll have a coffee. Black." I furrowed my bros at him.

"But you always have-"

"A coffee. Black." I shrugged.

"Alright, suit yourself." Nya covered her mouth to stifle a laugh as I turned to go inside.

"You drink pink drinks?" I heard her ask.

"No!"

"Mmhm."

"Shut up, Nya!" He paused. "This stays between us." Then I was inside, smiling.

〜〜〜〜〜

I set my carrier of drinks and three brown bags on the table. "One venti caramel macchiato," I said, setting the drink in front of Nya. "One venti black coffee for Knox." He cringed slightly as I set the cup in front of him. "And another caramel macchiato for me."

"What're those?" Nya asked, pointing to the bags.

"Gee, thanks Audrey. I love you so much," I said sarcastically as I sat down.

"I was getting there," Nya said. "Thank you. Now, what is in the Starbucks bags?"

"Pumpkin bread."

"For?" I cocked a brow, stirring my drink.

"Who do you think?" She gave me a glare.

"Asshole," Nya mumbled, taking a bag and opening it. She grabbed the bread and began eating it. I did the same.

Knox took a sip of his drink and his eyes widened. They found mine. I smiled knowingly and looked away.

"So," Knox said after a minute, "what were you talking about this morning. Something about 41B-"

"Oh my God!" Nya exclaimed. I guess her headache was gone. "You're going out with 41B guy?!" Knox's mouth was gaped.

"I- I didn't even finish my sentence." We ignored him.

"Yes! Well, no? Well, it's complicated." Nya sat up straighter. She loved all things gossip.

"Tell me everything." So I did. I told her how I went to the bathroom and got distracted by a call—it ended up being a stupid sales call—and ran into Jaxon. Again. I told her how he admitted his feelings to me and how we exchanged numbers.