AUTHOR'S NOTE & DISCLAIMER

Hey readers! I am so excited to be sharing this story with you as it holds a very special place in my heart. I worked on this story while also writing The Scarlet Assassin as a side project, but now that this is my main focus, I am so excited to finally develop this story into the vision I've had for over a year. It's a lot different from what I usually write, yet I am extremely happy with how it has turned out so far.

Now for the disclaimer:

I have labeled this book as young adult (13-18) and not mature (which is a completely different story from TSA) yet there are a few things that you need to know before reading.

Firstly, there are a few chapters that have content that may trigger some readers. Please read the TWs before continuing. I will do my best to put TWs at the beginning of each chapter that may have triggers, but if I miss one, I don't want you to be blindsided by it.

Trigger Warnings:

Mentions of Sexual Assualt

Mentions of Domestic Violence

Mentions of Drug Abuse and Addiction

Mentions of Depression

Also, the MC (Audrey) is written with inattentive ADHD. This is why Audrey responds to certain situations the way she does, and I have done extensive research on the subject in order to write it correctly.

For the people who are diagnosed with ADHD, I hope you feel seen with this character, and I'm sorry if I make a mistake or use a hurtful stereotype. If you are offended in any way by how I write Audrey, feel free to message me, and I will do what I can to fix my mistake(s). For the people who are not diagnosed with ADHD, please be respectful of Audrey and mindful that this is a real mental illness that people struggle with.

Finally, I would love to give a very special thanks to pizzzlover3994 (my bestie) for designing the cover of the book and supporting my hectic writing journey. I love you bae <3

Buckle up, readers! I hope you enjoy this story, and I look forward to going on this journey with you!

--Author <3