Chapter Four - The New Narnia

We sat in the boat rowing down the river. Peter and Edmund rowed the boat while Trumpkin steered. Lessa wanted to sit with Lucy so I sat with Susan.

"they're so still" Lucy commented looking up at the trees. I smiled sadly looking all around, it was so quiet and not the Narnia I had come to love and rule with Edmund and the others.

"they're trees what'd you expect" Trumpkin replied

"they used to dance" Lessa told him

"wasn't long after you left the Telmarine's invaded. Those who survived retreated to the woods. And the trees they retreated so deep into themselves they haven't been heard from since." he explained, my heart hurt a little, who knew that us unexpectedly returning home would cause so much damage.

"i don't understand how can Aslan of let this happen?" Lu looked around

"Aslan? I thought he abandoned us when you did."

"We didn't mean to leave you know" Peter told him, truthfully. In reality them returning to 1940s E    England and then the two of us joining them, was hard for everyone. We were no longer children mentally but had been returned to such. Our lives in Narnia had replaced what we left behind and had forgotten, trying to remember and adjust was something easier said than done. To touch and have greatness for one moment then not have it the next.

"Yeah well it doesn't matter now does it"

"get us to the Narnian's and it will" i told him. Not long after we found shore and pulled in. Lucy and Alessandra got out first and the rest of us pulled the boat in.

"Hello there" Lucy chirped .we looked up and over. Lucy and Alessandra hand wonder off

"It's alright we're friends" we walked up to she who they were talking to. It was a bear.

"your majesty, your highness don't move" Trumpkin ordered. they looked at us then looked back the bear was running towards them be and Susan went to get out bow and arrows.

"stay away from her" Susan held her bow up i followed and as soon as it stood up both of them screamed i let my arrow fly. there were two arrows the other one had come from Trumpkin.

"why didn't he stop" Susan lowered her bow i on the other hand ran over to Alessandra and Lucy helping them up. Alessandra hugged me.

"its okay you're okay" i soothed her as she shook in my arms.

"i suppose it was hungry" Edmund hugged us both as the others came over. i looked up while Alessandra still had  her head in my stomach.

"he was wild?" Edmund asked

"I don't think he could talk at all" Peter replied he had a hold of Lucy

"get treated like a dumb animal long enough that's what you become. You may find Narnia a more savage place that you remember." he started cutting the bear and i buried my head into Ed shoulder. When he finished i didn't bother to look before getting my things. We headed into the wood and Peter took the lead. Lucy and Susan behind him while me, Edmund, Alessandra and Trupkin were at the back. Alessandra gripped onto my hand still shaken by what had happened.  Edmund had a hold of my waist.

"Ain't you supposed to be a lot older to have a kid" Trumpkin asked i looked at him.

"believe it or not but we're actually 29. When we accidentally left and Aslan told us to leave with them. We were adults, going back to our world we turned back into Kids. well except Alessandra she was already one." i told him

"why Alessandra?"

"it means protector. because that's what we are or i am. Alessandra's too young and in experienced. I was supposed to train her when she turned 13 because that when i began to train. But that never happened" We walked through some rocks formations, none of this felt familiar.

"I don't remember this way" i heard Susan.

"that's the problem with you girls can't carry a map in your heads" Peter taunted

"that's because our heads have something in them." Lucy retorted

"i take offence to that i'm a girl and can carry a map in my head?" Peter stopped and turned back.

"yes but you act like a boy look you even dress like one"

"hey that's my wife your talking to" Edmund called i folded my arm

"so your basically saying Alessandra had two dad mm" Peter began to stumble over his word in an attempt to reply with something better.

"no oh shut up you know what i mean" i rolled my eyes as he walked off taking Alessandra's hand again we continued.

"i just wish he's listen to the D.L.F in the first place." Lucy huffed in slight annoyance with her big brother.

"D.L.F?" Ed wondered

"Dear Little Friend" Lucy smiled making her way past us to catch up with Peter.

"oh, thats not at all patronising is it." i chuckled and carried on this time Trumpkin ahead.

"You last saw Caspian in the Shuddering Wood and the quickest way to get there is to cross at the river rush" Peter rounded on the dwarf

"But unless i'm mistaken there's no crossing these parts." Trumpkin retorted.

"that explains it then your mistaken"

"Peter let him lead he knows this place better than we do. It been 1300 years things change" i told him

"back off Georgiana" he snapped

"leave her alone she's only trying to help" Edmund defended me. I rested my hand on his shoulder, silently telling him to leave it.

"no she's trying to be smart." i glared at him. he was letting his ego for the old ways blind him and it was getting on my wick. Peter continued on

"keep me away from that prat or i'll shoot him in the arse with one of my arrows" i huff to Edmund. we follow the others who are now in the woods. Peter, Susan and Lucy stop and look down i give Alessandra to Edmund and go and look.

"you see over time water erodes the earth's soil" i smirk folding my arms.

"oh shut up" causing me to smirk even more the river tush was now a gorge.

"is there anyway down." Ed asked Trumpkin.

"yeah falling"

"well i wasn't lost" Peter defended

"nah you were just being egotistical and prideful. Typical you basically" i walked back to my family

"there's a ford near beruna how do you feel about swimming" Trumpkin asked

"better than walking."

"Aslan. look its Aslan he's right over...there" we all looked back and across there was nothing there

"do you see him now?" DLF asked

"i'm not crazy. he was there and he wanted us to follow him" she looked at Peter.

"i'm sure there are any number of lion in these wood like the bear."

"i know Aslan when i see him" she countered

"look i'm not about to jump of a cliff for someone who doesn't exist" Dlf stated

"but he does exist we know he does and if Lucy said she saw him then i believe her and willing to follow her" i declared

"last time i did't believe Lucy i ended up looking pretty stupid" Ed agreed with me

"why wouldn't i have seen him?" Peter asked

"maybe you weren't looking"

"i'm sorry Lu" the others left and the three of us stayed with Lucy.

"ignore them they think seeing is believing. In some cases its true but where Aslan's involved you have to take a leap of faith" i rubbed her shoulder

"thank you for believing"

"Lu when have you ever lied" Ed joked