Chapter Eight - Injured

------3rd Person------

Georgiana's eagle flew overhead and saw the Queen shot. Immediately he flew down and grabbed her taking her up into the sky. Meanwhile Peter and half of the army escaped while the other half were trapped inside left to face the merciless Telmarine archers. Edmund who was also on his eagle flew across and his heart dropped when he saw the dead Narnian's. flying over Peter he went into the woods.

"take us down i need to find my wife" Edmund ordered

"there is no need sire she's there" Edmund looked over and saw his wife's eagle but what he was hoping for was to see her on the back of it. Instead he saw her limp in the claws of the other eagle. he urged his to go alongside his wife.

"take us both down now" the agreed and swooped down and landed. Edmund was off the mark as he rushed to his wifes side.

"Georgie" he brought her her into his arms. she groaned and tried to speak.

-------Edmund-----

"Ed" she wheezed

"shush don't speak save what you have." Caspian came over with a horse

"go on head" i didn't look up. Caspian carried on. I lift  wife onto the horse and she grunted in pain.

"sorry. your going to be alright just hold on" I took the reins and walked the horse on. By morning i was trailing behind When i caught up i saw Caspian and Peter arguing they drew their swords.

"stop it" i called before turning to get Georgie. i noticed Glenstorm had a unconscious Trumpkin Susan helped him while i grabbed my wife. By now everyone had turned to us.

"Mummy!" Alessandra ran up to her i laid my wife down next to Trumpkin and Lucy joined us. she let a drop fall into Trumpkin then into Georgie. I saw her stop breathing and i thought the worst. Trumpkin however woke up though.

"what are you all standing around for. The Telmarines will be here soon enough" the smiled but i didn't

"Georgie come on wake up" i mumbled

"please Mummy" Alessandra cried. There were soft groans and i breathed a sigh of relief.

"ugh my tummy hurts" she opened her eyes and looked at us i let out a strangled laugh and hugged her, Lessa did to.

"ow less bear more sweet." she mumbled i laughed and pulled away.

"i thought i lost you" she snorted while attempting to stand up.

"please as if you could get rid of me. I'm your shadow" i helped her stand up. She was still getting her bearings when we entered the how. I saw Lucy and smiled

"thanks"

"it's no problem really" Alessandra and Edmund gasped

"Peter, Trumpkin" Edmund yelled as he handed me over to Susan then ran off.

"we need to go see now"I say as  Lucy left as well

"you're in no fit state"

"Now Susan" i shouted she helped me as feeling got back into my legs. We neared the stone table.

"Aunt Lucy"  That feeling of my child being in danger caused me to ignore the pain and run i arrived just in time to see Alessandra throw her dagger and it kill Nikabrik. He dropped to the ground and Lucy looked up and i took my daughter pulling her back. Ed killed a werewolf as Peter stopped and stared at the white witch. Peter lowered his sword just as someone stabbed the ice causing it to crack the shatter. I watched as Ed looked away his sword still above his head.

He lowered it and looked at Peter giving him a hard look.

"i know you had it sorted" he walked down and came over to us.

"come on lets leave" he walked us out but not before i saw Susan give Caspian and Peter a disappointed and betrayed look. I was set to have a rest for a few hours while i still healed from Lucy's cordial.

When i woke up next Alessandra was asleep on a chair next to me with her head on one of my hands i smiled and stroked her hair. Edmund walked in.

"Hey" he smiled which i returned

"hey"

"How you feeling?" he asked

"much better i feel no pain now" i sat up without trying to wake our sleeping daughter. "how long have i been asleep."

"A few hours." he sat dwon on the other side. I looked at Alessandra then back at Ed.

"she's learning, not even i had that aim first time and i was older than her." i sighed and stroked her head.

"what does that say about you" i slapped his arm.

"the worst thing is she's not going to feel guilty. We're hardwired that way, Protect the royals and Narnia no matter what the cost. Its us or them, She shouldn't have to kill at her age or not at all if i could have anything to do with it"

"We can't protect her from everything. She's going to be a Royal and a Royal protector it's the way she was born, She can't fight it and neither can we. All we can do is be there for her and guide her." she began to stir and woke up.

"you're awake" she chirped

"of course i am come here" i opened my arms and hugged her. When i pulled back i looked her in the eye.

"I'm very proud of you Alessandra, our little protector."

"It felt like i needed to do it. He was about to hurt Aunt Lucy and i needed to stop him" i brushed my hand across her face.

"i know sweetheart i know, It's what we are...protectors but you must know even though we kill those who threaten Narnia and Our family. Its never good to take a life, I also know that you don't feel guilty but you must understand killing is never right. Its what we must do but it's never a good thing when we end a life."

"okay Mum" i kissed her head

"I'm hungry i'm going to get something to eat" she smiled and skipped off i chuckled looking at Edmund

A/n end of a chapter. Now i know some of you are like Why did Alessandra kill Nikabrik? Isn't she too young? I wanted to say i agree with you. but Over the book i've realised its the protectors instinct to protect the royalty and Narnian's first. Its  literally their core purpose. It happened in the first book with Georgiana granted she was older but like she said they're hardwired that way.

You might also ask how did Alessandra know the same way as Ed? well i wanted her not only take after Georgiana but after Edmund too. So i figured that when he was vocally marked traitor her had this inner mark you could say to hence when the witch came back. Being his daughter i wanted Alessandra to have that too.

Thanks Tasha Amy