Prologue: Reborn

Remnant.

In it's myths and legends, the planet was created by two gods, one born of light, and the other of darkness.

A world not dissimilar from many others. Lush green forests, large bodies of water covering the surface, deserts where the scorching sun and the burning sand takes no prisoners, tall mountains that scrape the skies, and many other nameless beauties that cover the surface of the planet.

But Remnant was special, not because of it's rich and bountiful lands, not because of the special material called dust, it was special due to one thing, life. Intelligent life, born from the planet rose life which were able to evolve and create wonders seen in very few worlds, large cities spanning vast stretches of land.

But like everything in the universe, it is never always peaceful. From the very same planet rose creatures of fear and darkness, the Grimm. Their origins unknown, but they ravaged and killed humans and Faunus alike, with no care of age, gender, or power, they simply slaughtered.

Eventually, humans and Faunus discovered something that would give them an edge over the creatures of nightmares, a special element they called, dust. Capable of harnessing the powers of the elements, fire, water, gravity, wind, etc. dust was used against the Grimm to deadly effect, pushing back the dark wave, giving the humans and Faunus the peace to build up great cities and civilizations in even the most harshest of environments, from the lush forests of the Kingdom of Vale, to the freezing cold kingdoms of Atlas and Mantle, all the way to the scorching deserts of the Kingdom of Vacuo, they survived.

But as I said peace was not meant to last, like all intelligent life, they fell into war, killing themselves with the weapons they forged to beat back the Grimm, now turned against former allies.

After years of blood spilt, families destroyed, history erased, the war ended, a peace was reached between the warring kingdoms on the island of Vytal.

From the ashes rose new concepts, ideas, their weapons once again used for protecting the people from the Grimm, large and powerful huntsmen academies rose from the Vytal peace treaty to train people to fight against the creatures of the dark once again.

Many years after the war, two huntsmen settled in large settlement named Arcadia. There they raised children of their own, and it was there where I was freed of my metal shell. There I was born into a family of two parents and eight siblings, there I once again experienced what it was like to have flesh, but unlike the once feeble, disease ridden body I had before being entombed into my shell of metal, I felt at peace.

There was where I once again found true joy, there I remembered a life without solitude, without pain.

There, I was no longer Infinite.

There. I was reborn.