C8: Rescuing

Some good music to listen to while reading:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0P3z6ki9ZtIrEEa9WnY323?si=dbd7c5224b124345

______________________________________________________________________

Anais entered difficultly Jason's mind. After a while, she finally found what she was searching for: his dream. Jason, wearing his Robin costume, was standing in the crumbles of the Wayne Manor, looking around himself.

" Jason! " Anais screamed, running towards him.

He turned around and startled of seeing her there asked:

" Anais? "

She stretched her arms out and crushed him into a hug. He laughed slightly confused by her actions. She sobbed in his arms.

" Please. Please come back to me! " She pleaded him. " I can't bear to see you like that... "

He squeezed her against his chest, petting her whitening hair.

" What happened to your hair? " He asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders, seeing her own hair slowly turning from an ashy blond to pure white. She smiled at him, drying her tears with one hand. Staying in each other's arms, they didn't notice the dark silhouette stalking towards them.

Suddenly something hard hit Anais on the back of her head, making her fall unconscious in Jason's arms.

" No, Anais. No, no, no! " He cried rubbing the back of her head. " No, Anais! Anais, wake up, man. " He quickly verified the bump forming on her skull.

Nothing severe. He noticed.

" I saw Anais' future, Jason. " The silhouette said ominously.

" Yeah, what the fuck did you do, Dick? " He snapped.

" That defenceless girl was going to break. Kill the Joker. Take down Gotham with her. She knew you to well, Jason. " He walked slowly towards the. " Maybe you'll break down just like her... You need to be put down, too. " Dick decided menacingly.

Jason laid Anais' body delicately on the floor before turning to face Dick. Going on the offensive Jason tried to hit dick in his face. Dick dodged and hit Jason in turn, hitting him directly in his jaw. Jason fell back a little but tried to stand his ground to protect himself and Anais from Dick's attacks. They stared at each other, Jason spitting the blood that was flowing in his mouth.

" You think you're better than me? " Dick asked seriously.

" I didn't say that. " He answered smugly, before giving him another punch.

Dick blocked every kick and punch Jason gave him before kicking Jason on his chest, sending him flying a few meters.

" You think you can take my place? " Dick insisted.

Jason jumped back to his feet.

" Dick, stop. "

Dick pushed him and threw him on the ceiling before grabbing the younger Robin by his neck and pulling him forward.

" You can be Robin after I'm dead. "

Jason took a smoke bomb from his belt and activated it in Dick's face, making him pull back.

" If you insist. " Jason said casually.

The diversion let him take the advantage over his older brother. Sliding towards him, he punched Dick's knees and stomach before getting up and kicking him hard under his chin. Jason took one of his Robin's knives and tried to use them on his enemy. Dick, to disarm him, took his brother's arm, twisted it, and hit it. The bone broke, making Jason scream in agony.