1. moving

"Allison, can you help me with these boxes," my mom yells. I run outside to the moving truck and help my mom bring in the last of the boxes. Our new house is not huge, but it's much bigger than our apartment we had in Chicago.

It is 3 days before the start of school and there is so much to do. The house is filled with tons of unopened boxes, we have to set up a bunch of furniture, and I have zero school supplies. On top of that, we have no help. Its just my mom and I. I don't have any siblings and my dad left my mom for another woman when I was very young. I haven't seen him in many years and all I know about him is that he lives somewhere in LA.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was the day before school started and my mom made me get out of the house. The entire day we were unboxing items so she wanted me to go out and get fresh air. I took my bike and peddled around the neighborhood. The Valley is quite nice, to be honest. I miss my friends from Chicago and of course my dojo and teammates there, but hopefully I'll be able to find new friends and a new karate team.

I biked around my neighborhood for a bit. It was getting pretty late so I decided to turn back around and head home, but suddenly something caught my eye. "Cobra Kai Karate," a sign said. I look in the window and see some teenagers about my age kicking and punching. I smile. This is exactly what I was looking for, a dojo.

I open the door and walk in. Teenagers' eyes go to me instantly.

"Can I help you?" the sensei said.

"Hi, I was just watching. I just moved to the Valley 2 days ago and I'm thinking about joining a dojo," I said. It was kind of awkward because everyone stoped practicing and stared at me.

"You can't join now. The All Valley Tournament is a few weeks away and we need to focus," a blonde girl says. "We can't have beginners on our team."

"Oh, I'm not a beginner. I did karate for 2 years," I say. For this girl to think I'm a beginner? Seriously? I've competed in numerous tournaments and have won.

"Oh, really... let's see it then," the blonde girl says.

"No, that's ok. Maybe another ti-," you start.

"She's scared guys," one of the teenage boys says. The blonde girl laughs.

"Awww, youre scared aren't you?" she laughs, pissing me off.

Even though I don't want to at all, I give in. "Fine. I'll go against someone if you want me to prove it," I say. I take my shoes and hoodie off and stand on the mat. I'm wearing sweats and a long sleeve shirt. I roll up the sleeves.

"Who wants to fight her?" the sensei asks.

"I'll gladly do it," the blond girl says.

"No, not you, Tory. Hmm. Robby, you fight," he says. The same guy as before who called me scared walks to face me on the mat. He has brown hair, a bruise around his eye, and is sweaty. He's kinda hot ngl.

We first bowed to each other and to the sensei and then got into our fighting positions. When the sensei told us to fight, Robby attacked first, but I quickly blocked him. Then I attacked, and he also blocked my moves, he then suddenly elbowed me in the nose. My hand went to my nose immediately and when I brought it back down I saw blood.

"Point for Robby," the sensei says.

"What? But that was an illegal move!" I say.

"Here at Cobra Kai, we fight with no mercy," Robby says. Bitch. I wipe my nose with my arm and get back into fighting position. This time I attack first, aiming for his face. He blocks my moves and then he strikes, but I block his moves, too.

"Cmon, Robby!" "Get her!" the other students yell.

I kick and aim for his stomach, but he got a hold of my leg just in time, and he pushed me to the ground. Robby and the other students laughed. I swept my legs so that they hit his and he fell over on his back. I got on top of him and punched him in the stomach. It was a nice view. His blue/green eyes were staring directly into my eyes, and I smirked down at him.

"Point for the girl," the sensei says. "Score is one, one." I get off of him slowly and he stands back up.

"Now I got to get home soon," I say. "So how about we say next point wins?"

"Fine with me," he says.

We both stand up and get into fighting position. I attack first again, but he blocks my strikes. Then he attacks, and I block his strikes, too.

"Hit her, you idiot," one student says. Robby approaches me quickly, and when he is right where I need him to be, I kick him in the face. He falls to the ground.

"Point for the girl. She wins," the sensei says. I give Robby my hand to help him up, and he takes it.

"Nice kick," he smiles, getting up. "But your punches could use a bit of work. You should definitely join us. You're really good."

"Thanks. You're really good, too," I smile.

"What's your name, girl?" the sensei asks.

"Allison."

"I'm sensei Kreese. We have a tournament coming up soon and it would be great to have you on our team."

"Yea, I'll think about it," I say, putting my shoes back on. I walk out of the dojo and it is dark outside. All of the sudden, I feel a hand grab my wrist and it turns me around.

"Hey," Robby says. "You forgot this." He hands me my hoodie. He's all sweaty and his hair is messy. His karate belt is very loose and his top gi is opened up, which exposes his chest and abs.

"Oh. Thanks," I say, taking the hoodie.

"Oh, also this is for your nose." In his other hand he has a few tissues. "Before you get on your bike let me quickly clean some of some the blood that's on your face. It's kind of all over." He takes a tissue and wipes some of the blood off of my upper lip. "Sorry about the nose. I mean it's my fault it's bleeding in the first place"

"It's fine," I laugh. "Nose bleeds are nothing compared to other injuries I've gotten in karate."

He smiles. "Ok, I think your fine now."

"Thanks," I smile back. I put on my hoodie and bring the hood over my head. I pick up my bike and get on it.

"So, um, I'll hopefully see you soon, Allison," he smiles. "It was nice meeting you, even though you did beat me."

"It was nice meeting you too, Robby. I'll see you around."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not my best chapter, but I promise you as the story progresses, it will get sooo much better!!!