3. practice

"What are you doing back here?" I ask. Robby is doing bench presses in the gym, which is at the back of the dojo. No one is working out except for him.

"Working out," he says, breathing forcefully as he lifts the weights. He sees me just standing there in front of him so he stops lifting, and sits up. He's wearing a grey tank top and his karate pants. He's all sweaty. "So, you're just going to stand there forever?" he asks.

"Oh, uh- no. Sensei told me to come get you," I say. "We're all going to practice together now." Robby stands up and drinks some of his water. I don't know what I'm doing but when he tilts his head up to drink, I can't stop watching him. He looks so good.

"Ok, let me just put on my gi really quickly," he says. He takes his tank top off and uses a towel to wipe off some of the sweat on his neck. I look at his abs, and holy fuck. There's sweat dripping off them and he just looks so hot. "What are you looking at?" he asks, smiling. He noticed me checking him out and I move my eyes away from his abs quickly.

"Uh- nothing. You ready?" I ask, feeling stupid he caught me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For the time being, Kreese just had us practicing our kicks in pairs. I was with Tory. One of us would kick and the other would block, and then we would switch. After a few different drills, I decide to practice my punches alone so I leave to go to the back of the dojo where the gym is, and I stated punching the dummy.

"Use your leg," I hear someone behind me say. I can tell it's Robby by the sound of his voice.

"Why would I use my leg? I'm punching not kicking," I say.

"He walks towards me. No, what I mean is, when you punch you have to use some of the force on your leg. That's how you get a strong swing," he explains.

I try to do what he says about using the force in my leg, but he stops me. "No, like this," he says, taking my waist with his hands. "When you punch, use your leg to kind of kick off a bit and turn your torso a bit. That way you get a stronger punch." I do a slow punch to make sure I'm really doing it correctly. He holds my waist and sort of moves it slowly. "Yea, exactly like that," he says in my ear. His hands feel so good on my waste and I can feel his hot breath on the side of my neck. I don't want this moment to stop. But, of course, it does.

"Guys, sensei wants us to-," Kyler starts, as he walks into the gym. He sees Robby's hands on my waste, and Robby quickly removes them. "Damn, Robby you pulling the new girl alread-"

"Shut up, Kyle. What do you want?" Robby says, his face turning pink.

"Sensei wants us to all fight now so he told me to get you guys," he says. "You know Robby, I didn't realize you could get girls so easily, you shou-"

"Shut up, Kyle!" Robby yells, and Kyle leaves. "Sorry about him. He's always been like that," he says.

"It's fine," I laugh it off to make things less awkward. Robby and I head to Kreese and the other students.

"Ok. I want Robby and Kyle to fight first and then Allison and Tory," Kreese says. We gather around Robby and Kyle in a circle. When Kreese says fight, they start fighting. Robby is so much better than Kyle. He beat him 3-0. Kyle could barely lay a hand on Robby, and after Robby won, Kyle look so pissed off which made me very happy.

After, it was Tory's and my turn so we walked into the circle. Tory and I are very good friends now, only after two days of knowing each other, but we both know that when one fights against ones friends, you have to imagine them as your enemy.
We took our fighting positions. When Kreese said to fight, I attacked first. I tried to punched her in the face but she dodged it. She tried to punch me back but I blocked it. This went on for a bit until all of the sudden, I hear the doors of the dojo open. Everyone's head turns to the door and Tory and I stop fighting.

"Look who it is," Kreese says. There's a blonde man wearing a denim jacket.

"I heard you have a new member," the man says.

"Oh yes. Here she is. Allison Fields," Kreese says, pointing at me. "She's been doing karate for 2 years. Allison, this is Sensei Lawrence from Eagle Fang," Kreese says. The blonde man looks at me.

"You know, Allison. We always have room for you at our dojo. You will soon find that Cobra Kai isn't the right team you want to be apar-"

"I'm fine, thanks," I say quickly.

"Ok. I'm just letting you know that if you ever want to leave-"

"She said no, Johnny," Kreese says. Sensei Lawrence nods his head at Kreese and I and then he leaves.

"Ok. Practice ends early today. I have something I need to do," Kreese says. I go into the girls locker room with Tory and we change. We both put on a hoodie and sweatpants. Tory takes her bike and leaves to go home immediately because there's something she needs to do. Robby told me he lives in my direction and so we both bike in the same direction together. We were talking and laughing while biking and I told him a lot about when I lived in Chicago.

"So, you did karate there for 2 years, right?" he asks.

"Yea, but I had to stop because-." I don't like talking about it.

"You had to stop, why?" Robby asks.

"Well-, its a long story. But um- basically, in Chicago I was best friends with a girl named Katie. She went to a different dojo than me but that didn't matter to us," I explain. "And one day, I was at a party and I got really drunk. Like really really drunk. Um- her boyfriend, who was also really drunk, started hitting on me, and I had no idea what was going on because I was so intoxicated. I could barely even form a sentence. And um then-." I stop.

"It's ok. You don't have to share if you don't want to," Robby says.

"No, no, it's fine. Um- basically her boyfriend started making out with me and someone filmed us and it was posted online. It got a lot of views and Katie saw it. And so when we competed against each other in the tournament, she was absolutely ruthless. Not even 10 seconds in and she was beating me up on the ground. It wasn't even karate, she just kept on punching me. She wouldn't stop," I say. "I broke my arm and two ribs. And so, yea. That's the story, I guess."

"I'm sorry. That's all so messed up. Is that why you moved?"

"It's one of the reasons. We waited till I recovered to move. My mom also got a job offer here," I say.

All of the sudden, we here yells behind us. I turn my head around and recognize the guy from school. Its the mowhawk guy, Hawk, and a brown haired boy.

"Peddle faster," Robby says, picking up his speed.

"You guys can't avoid us!" Hawk yells, peddling faster, too. "We need to tell you guys something!"

"Who's the other guy?" I ask.

"Miguel Diaz. Member of Eagle Fang. He hates me," Robby says, panting. We bike very fast for a bit longer, until we're both out of breath.

"Turn left at the corner. My house is there, it's the one in front of the lamp post. You can stay till they leave," I say. Robby and I make a left, drop our bikes, and run into the house. Mom and I never lock the door, which is probably a bad idea but good now since I didn't need to worry about finding the right key. I slam the front door shut and we both collapse on the sofa, our chests going up and down rapidly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey, guys thanks for reading!!! Sorry if this chapter isn't that great and sorry for taking a while to post a new chapter. I have covid so I'm just sleeping a lot and I didn't write much wattpad bc I felt sick. Have a great day! Stay safe <3