{[chapter four]} ʍouʞ

~~~~~*ੈ✩‧₊˚~~~~~

it was so accurate, it was eerie. finley got the face shape, hair style, and proportions right. the only thing was those damn eyes, she had chose a hue to green. ranboo's eyes were a gray blue, but looked brown and green at the same time. those damn eyes.

"holy crap," he murmured. she giggled at the resemblance. "where did you learn how to draw like that? it's like i'm staring at a mirror!"

"being bored at parks and lots of youtube tutorials. i've been working on my art skills for years, just haven't really done anything with them," finley answered truthfully. he just stared back in shock.

"fin, you gotta use these! you have real talent! you could make it big in the art industry." ranboo responded, eyes wide.

"eh, i'm not totally sure. the art biz is really risky. but hey, i still have a while to decide, i'm not going to collage immediately after i graduate." she added, scratching the back of her head.

"me neither. i'll definitely need a break. could i keep this?" he requested, motioning to the drawing. finley nodded and carefully ripped the paper out of her notebook and handed it to ranboo. he grinned and thanked her.

"well, we still gotta eat lunch! come on, let's go eat rat meat and toxin bread. yum, very healthy." she joked. he laughed and followed her to the lunch line.

after they got their food, the duo sat at ranboo's table and continued chatting. ranboo's voice was so relaxing, the usual stress that finley carried like an anchor disintegrated. all she focused on was the kind boy in front of her who brought a smile to her face.

that's when she realized how badly she missed having an in-person friend.

faster than she knew, lunch was over, and she had to part ways. with a friendly smile and wave, finley walked into her science class, and the anchor of stress returned. at least she had something to look forward to at the end of the day this time.

soon enough, said time arrived, and finley immediately texted ranboo to meet her by the back doors. she smiled when she saw a tall boy looking around suspiciously while approaching her.

"okay, i'm concerned. you better not be offering me drugs." ranboo warned. finley giggled and shook her head, causing him to let out a sigh of relief.

"i was wondering if you'd want to get some ice cream? i don't have very much homework and most of my other friends live in the uk." she nervously asked. ranboo was a bit taken aback, but grinned nonetheless.

"sure thing. got anywhere in mind?"

"you'll see, cosmos!" she replied and grabbed his wrist, pulling him to her car. well, really, it was her mother's car, but shhhhh. she hopped in the car and ranboo carefully stepped in as to not damage anything. he quickly grabbed the aux cord, causing finley to giggle and start the car. as she drove to the shop, ranboo played what finley assumed to be his favorite songs, like lemon demon songs. thank god he didn't have bad music taste.

they finally pulled up to niki's sweets when cabinet man ended. "how ironic..." she heard ranboo murmur, not being sure why. finley shrugged it off and hopped out of the car, grabbing her wallet and skipping inside the colorful sweet shop.

it was like a kid's show. in one corner, was the cakes and cupcakes. another had chocolate confection delights. and finally was the ice cream, their goal. finley once again grabbed ranboo's wrist and pulled him to the line, giggling like a child, which made ranboo join in and giggle as well.

after a quick game of eye-spy the pair ordered. ranboo got a cookies and cream with chocolate sauce and finley got a blackout with chocolate fudge. there were many things that finley didn't like in this world, but chocolate was not one of them.

after finley got a smudge of ice cream on her nose, ranboo use his own ice cream to "wipe it off," which resulted in finley taking a handful of hers and whipping it down his cheek. quickly realizing that finley had more ice cream left, therefore the odds not being in his favor, ranboo surrendered before things got out of hand. finley then grabbed his cone out of his hand and took an actual bite out of the ice cream before he could do anything. ranboo just stared at her like she was a maniac before they both burst into a fit of laughter.

"okay, it's not my problem you didn't let my try any." finley reprimanded.

"you could've just asked!" ranboo exclaimed and sighed, but smiled nonetheless.

after a while they finished their cones and finley drove ranboo back to their school since he left his car there. finley pulled up to the deserted building and got out of the car with ranboo.

"thanks for hanging out, it's been a while since i've talked with another human my age face-to-face." finley said with a shy smile.

"of course! it was a lot of fun for me too. i definitely needed the human connection too. cya tomorrow?" ranboo asked with a shrug.

"cya tomorrow, cosmos."

and with that, finley walked away, got in her car, and drove away from the blue eyed boy.

~~~~~*ੈ✩‧₊˚~~~~~

hello again, it's been a while :O

school has been a pain in the ass soooo, yeah you've heard it all before

i'll hopefully be updating more! no promises tho, hehe

well hippity hoppity your views are now my property

952 words