04. Hiding Pains

The fright from the Saturday evening still hadn't escaped the chest of Yeseul. She was hesitant to step on the campus, but with a cap on her head, she pushed herself ahead, trying to hide away the bruises on her arms and face by bandages. She rushed, walking behind groups of students, till she reached her classroom. Her eyes scanned the room, looking for any faces that she met in the alleyway. A sigh of relief left her lungs when she failed to recognize any.

"We aren't allowed to wear caps in the classroom." The class president kneeled down to have a look at Yeseul. His eyes widened for a moment, before his lips dropped in sympathy. "Yeseul, are you okay?"

Yeseul let out a smile, touching the back of her neck nervously. "I'm good. I hurt myself while riding my bike."

"Oh!" The class president smiled back, turning away towards his own seat. "I thought someone beat you up."

Yeseul let out a forced laughter. She pulled her phone out of her pocket, sliding up to text her online friend. It always made her feel better to talk to him, although they barely knew the reality of each other which had been hidden away by a screen.

@samsllama

good morning besfwnd :)

hey sul! how's it going?

The question made the girl hesitate. Her fingers loomed over her phone screen for a long while, wondering if she needs to be honest with her online friend about her life. Did it need transparency to prove the strength of trust one puts in relations? And that too when the relations are connecting people through the medium of internet? Yeseul couldn't answer that. She forced her fingers on the screen, replying back to the boy named Sam, who happened to be closer than she could dream of.

Lovely! The sky is so pretty today. Did you notice?

Hyunjin hadn't noticed. He sat beside the window in his class, but the thoughts of the Saturday incident obfuscated what he could perceive. His hands reached out to pull away the draped curtains, head leaning ahead to steal the look of the brilliant blue sprawled over by white streaks of clouds. His lips morphed in a smile.

such prettiness :"(
but im still the prettiest

that's not self love
it's called narcissism

wtf where did you get that from!? I'm so pissed that's ANIMAL ABUSE

no it's not. that's what you deserve

Shut up you ugly coconut headed dog shit lover simp

i-
don't ever besfwnd me EVER AGAIN

i-don't ever besfwnd me EVER AGAIN

okay narcissus

what sus now?
[read]

The teacher entered the room, and before Hyunjin closed his phone, a notification from Jeongin showed up.

"If you find her, tell her that I'm grateful."

Hyunjin's jaw gritted from the sour feelings resurfacing across his mind. To see Jeongin in such state brought him the heartaches of the world. Being the only sibling, he was more likely to grow closer to people. Jeongin to him was not just a friend, but also a younger brother who didn't need the same bloodline to form the unbreakable bond of theirs. He sighed, pushing the device in his pocket.

"I will find her."