Chapter Four - The Lone Islands

The Bell tolled and I  jumped into action but there was nothing to shoot but birds. Calming down i eased my grip on bow slightly but remaining on guard. I had learned that you never came back to the same Narnia you left and that you had to be vigilant.

"Reepicheep stay here with Drinian's men and secure the place. We'll head on if we don't come back by sundown send a party" Caspian ordered

"Yes Your Majesty." We headed into the town square where it was abandoned

"Yeah looks like nobody's in so do you think we should head back?" Eustace asked as we made it to the town hall. If there was any record of what has being going on here then this would be the place it was stored.

"Do you wanna come here and guard...something" Ed asked trying to keep him occupied

"Ah yes good idea cousin very um logical" he ran over We all looked at him Caspian handed him a knife.

"I've got it I've got it don't worry" i rolled my eyes and the five of us entered. It was dark on only minimal light shone into the room

"I'm ready to go when you are" Eustace called back to us we made our way to a pile of books. There were names that had been crossed out. with what looked like fees.

"who are all the people?" Lucy asked

"Why have they been crossed out?" I wondered trying to piece what this meant. My daughter was ahead of me in the figuring out.

"It looks like some sort of fee" Lessa stated

"slave traders" the bell tolled and men yelled i went into action shooting as many as i could till i heard a scream.

"if you don't want this one to scream like a girl again i suggest you lay down your weapons" a man was holding the irritating boy.

"girl?" he screeched offended by the comment. I mean seriously, why was he even brought to Narnia.

"now!" the man who looked like a pug ordered i dropped my weapons to the ground.

"put 'em in irons" my wrists were chained "we'll take these three to market and those three can go to the dungeons."

"listen to me you insolent fool! I am your King!" Caspian yelled Edmund struggled and got hit.

"you're going to pay for that" he snarled

"actually someone else is going to pay...for all of you" a Unknown man came out from the shadows

"No Mummy! Daddy!" Lessa screamed

"no Edmund! Edmund!" Lucy did as well

"Alessandra!" i tried to reach her

"Alessandra! Lucy!" so did Edmund and we were knocked out.

When i woke up i had a raging headache and it didn't help someone was creating a loud noise"

"you okay you two" It was Caspian

"yeah" we both replied

"stop that bloody noise my head hurts" i groaned "what did they hit me with a hammer" Caspian kept on banging.

"It's hopeless, you'll never get out" came a voice Caspian stopped as Edmund helped me up, holding me close while I got my brings after the blow to the head.

"who's there?" Caspian asked walking towards the voice

"nobody just a voice in my head" we saw a man with a long grey beard come out of the darkness.

"Lord Bern" Caspian breathed

"Perhaps once but I'm no longer deserving of that title" he replied. He was a shell of his former self. Grown out beard and a jittery persona in a curled up position.

"Is he one of the Seven" Edmund asked

"yes " Caspian knelt down

"your face, you remind me of a King i once loved well." he said

"that man was my father" a look of shock washed over Lord Bern's face

"oh my Lord please forgive me" he tried to stand up.

"please, please" Caspian helped him to stand. I heard screams and shouts outside, Edmund climbed the wall and held onto the bars.

"Georgia look after Lord Bern" i nodded and took his place as Caspian did the same as my husband the shouts became more apparent someone was in distress.

"where are they taking them" Caspian asked

"Keep watching" Lord Bern replied i waited till my husband and 'brother' came down.

"what happened?" i asked

"the put people in boats then this mist came along and they disappeared" Ed informed me with a haunted and scared expression.

"Its a sacrifice" Lord bern told us.

"where do they go?" Caspian wondered

"no one knows. The mist was first seen in the east . Reports of fisherman and sailors disappearing out at sea. We Lords made a pact to find the source of the mist and destroy it. They each set sail but none came back" Lord Bern moved

"You see if they don't sell you to the slave traders you're likely to be fed to the mist." i panicked slightly and gripped onto the boys arms

"We have to find Alessandra and Lucy before its too late"