Chapter Nine - Eustace

Edmund picked up one of Eustace's shoes, the only reason I recognised it was because he was forever fiddling with them since our arrival.

"Eustace" he breathed that's we then saw burnt clothes more specifically Eustace's charred clothing.

"no!" we knelt down and i picked up his diary. "oh cousin"

"i'm sorry" i told him resting my hand on his shoulder comforting him. We may have been irritated by his constant complaining. But even so he was family.

"he was just a boy i never should have left him" i held his shoulder

"we should have never left him, this is all our faults. We were so busy with focusing on the mission we forgot that he was new and inexperienced" I sighed and stood back up.

"what could have happened to him" Ed mostly asked me but Caspian answered

"In this place, anything. And he wasn't the first" i looked round and there was a skeleton Caspian took a closer look.

"Its Lord Octesian"

"we need to find his sword i got up and started looking but Ed had already found it.

"come on we need to tell the others" i went on ahead of the others and i was first to the boat putting my things in.

"Georgie!" "Georgie!" i didn't have time to react as i was picked up by a  dragon. i tried to moved but it had me trapped we headed for the ship.

"Mum! Mum!"

"Alessandra" i yelled back but it was taking me back to the island. Kept on trying to get free but i couldn't budge it was then large writing caught my eye

'I AM EUSTACE' I looked up to the dragon

"you have got to be kidding me" i breathed as we headed back. the others were there as i landed softly on the ground. Ed went to attack him.

"no don't!" i stood in front of Eustace

"that thing kidnapped you" he snarled

"its not a thing It's Eustace. He must have been tempted by the treasure" i told them

"Anyone knows a dragon's treasure is enchanted" Caspian said causing Eustace to growl  in annoyance

"well anyone from here" Lucy went over to her cousin and he backed away but realising she was going to take the bracelet  off he held his claw out. she snatched it off and he roared in moment of pain.

"is there anyway to change him back?" Ed asked Caspian

"not that i know of" Cas looked at Drinian.

"Aunt Alberta will not be pleased" Ed sighed

"sorry about the hand old boy i can be overzealous at times" Reep apologised

"the boats are ready your majesty"Tavros called

"we can't leave him alone" Lu stated

"well we can't bring him on board your majesty" Drinian replied

"Drinian, you and the other take one boat back. The rest of us will stay here till morning and figure out what to do"

"But you have no previsions and no means of staying warm your majesty" Rhince stated. Just then Eustace lit up a stick and it began to burn

"you were saying" we chuckled. That night while the others were talking i went and talked to Eustace.

"I'm sorry you know" he moved his head to look at me "We all are, it just you were never pleasant or bright enough for us to even think of helping you and being there. I know i asked if you wanted helping with  defending yourself but that wasn't because i thought you should know and be included. It was because i didn't want you screwing things up again." I told him honestly

"I forget that all of this is new to you. You haven't been in battles or missions to help Narnia. Your just a boy from Cambridge who got caught up in all of this. I know you don't like us for whatever reasons but i want you to know we are going to get you through this and back to being a boy again. If nothing else please trust us. It make take time and we may stop along the way but apart from finding the lost lords and saving people from the mist. We are going to get you back, even if that means finding Aslan all by myself" he rested his nose on my lap and i stroked it.

"goodnight Eustace" i kissed my hand then put it on his nose he lifted up and i went to go sleep by Edmund.