Chapter Two

I had been settled into my new place for a few days before I saw Cal again. I was walking out of the door of my apartment to get some groceries for the week when I saw him walking out of the elevator.

"Jess! How are you settling in?" He asked and I noticed he was holding a camera in his hands that he quickly lowered into the pocket of his hoodie.

"Great! I'm actually about to head out and finally buy some groceries instead of getting Uber Eats for the fifth time in two days." I replied and he laughed.

"We've all been there. In fact Harry is still there when I think about how often the lad orders Nandos." He said while scratching his head.

"Do you mind if I come with? Our cupboards are bare at the moment." He added and I nodded my head.

"Sweet, let me just get changed. Feel free to chill on the couch if you want." He said as he unlocked his apartment door and walked inside.

I followed behind him and noticed how even though the apartment was a lot bigger than mine it was also a lot messier. Cal opened his bedroom door and shut it behind him swearing he would only be five minutes.

I settled in on the couch and pulled my phone out, knowing that I'd feel even more awkward if I didn't occupy myself while I waited.

As I sat there and scrolled through social media a door opened and a girl walked out into the lounge and straight through to the kitchen.

"Do they happen to have any food in this place?" She asked me and I was confused as to why she thought I would know.
I shrugged my shoulders and watched as she opened the fridge and found only beer bottles.

The door opened again and I had to catch my breath as I caught sight of the person who walked into the room next.

He had to be one of the most gorgeous guys I had ever laid my eyes on and he was walking into the room with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Didn't know Cal had someone over last night too." He muttered more to himself and I was confused until I realised that this girl must have stayed the night with him.

"Alright girls it's been lovely but we've actually got a lot of work to do today, so I'm afraid you'll have to leave now." He said as he opened the front door to the apartment and gestured for us to leave.

The other girl obliged and gave him a kiss on the cheek before standing in the doorway, hesitating.

"You'll call me right Harry?" She asked and he nodded which seemed to be enough confirmation for her and she left. So this was the Harry that Cal had mentioned a few times.

His attention suddenly switched to me.
"Look I'm sure Cal will call you too, but like I said, we're really busy today..." He trailed off, wondering why I wasn't budging.

"I um, Cal just told me to wait here." I stuttered out and I was not impressed by his reaction.

He laughed, actually laughed at me, and then made his way over.

"I get it, Cal made you feel incredible last night, you want more... Geez why is it getting harder and harder to have a hook up nowadays?" He asked, more to himself than me, and I was immediately pissed off.

"Actually I'm your new neighbour and Cal invited me to get groceries with him. I didn't realise I was about to meet a guy who goes through women more often than he changes his underwear." I spat out as I stood up in a huff.

The look on Harry's face was one of complete shock but I wasn't finished.

"Tell Cal that I'd much rather go by myself." I said as I quickly walked past him, accidentally brushing against his shoulder as I squeezed between him and the door.

I was pissed. How could Cal be friends with someone like that?

And was Cal the exact same? From the sounds of it, this wasn't the first time two girls had been swiftly kicked out of the apartment the morning after.

By the time I got to the grocery store I had calmed down enough and put my headphones in. Listening to music always made mundane tasks like buying groceries a lot better and by the time I got home I was in a much better mood.

Until I saw Cal leaning against my front door.

"Jess I'm so sorry about Harry." He said as he helped to take some of the heavy bags I was holding.

I wasn't going to be horrible to Cal, in his defense he hadn't actually done anything wrong. I was just super confused as to why he was friends with somebody like Harry.

"What's his problem? How often does this shit happen?" I asked as I unlocked the door and let him inside.

"Look I won't lie to you lass, we're both single guys in our twenties, we definitely play the field a bit." He started to explain as we set the bags on the counter.

"A bit? That poor girl still thinks he's going to call her!" I said annoyed that he couldn't seem to understand how messed up it was.

"In Harry's defence that girl was a classic tinder hook up. She knew who Harry was already and agreed that it was only a hook up. They all do." He tried to explain but I was still confused.

"What do you mean she knew who he was? And how does that make it okay anyway?" I asked and Cal put his hands on my shoulders, attempting to calm me down.

"Alright I may have left a few things out when I met you the other day." He said and he led me to my own couch and sat down next to me.

"It's just... I like meeting people who don't know who I am already. They don't have premeditated opinions about me or anything." He started to say and looking at the blank look on my face he laughed a little before continuing.

"Alright, we never had the talk about what we do as a job right? Like you for instance, I have no idea what you do every day, correct?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"I'm a fashion designer." I said and he also nodded his head slowly.

"That's actually really cool." He complimented me and I smiled for a second, knowing that my career was one that I absolutely loved.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Jess, the fashion designer." He reached out his hand to shake it and I took it hesitantly.

"My name is Cal and I'm a fairly successful YouTuber. So is Harry." He added and I paused, my hand still in his. The camera in his hand from earlier in the day was starting to make sense, as was Harry's rude interaction with me.

"How successful is fairly successful?" I asked, fearing the answer.

"Well..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was sooooooo hard to write Harry so rude but just trust me, trust the process!
Let me know if you like it by commenting or voting, it always makes me write faster if I see people are enjoying the story :)