Fear and Delight

A/N: heyyy how y'all doing? Happy late crisis and happy 2020 part two! Sorry for the lateness of this one but I hope you like it. Also I have taken into consideration that the majority of you don't like Sir Pentious in this and I love that. He's not in this one AS much so :)
Also TW!: body dysmorphia. It's only brief but do take caution.

And as they clumsily stumbled onto the couch, they kissed. After their tension filled conversation, this was inevitable. Being honest, Anthony was the one who triggered the first action, but you can imagine his surprise when Alastor was just as enthusiastic to do the same. Without pulling away for air, they both lowered themselves onto the couch and, one by one, started discarding each other's clothing…

Alastor could see it. Anthony was either developing a cold or the heat in the room was too much. He had woken up to find their pinky fingers merely touching and couldn't force himself to go back to sleep afterwards. He saw the redness on the other's cheeks. His curiosity then grew when Anthony began to talk in his sleep and almost moved closer. 

Growing uncomfortable, the brunette was quick to scoot off the bed quietly, being mindful of the time. Sleep had seemed to become a forgotten luxury by now; he would always lay there hopelessly and just wait for the morning to come.

Why couldn't he sleep? Anthony. It was because of Anthony.

He languidly made his way to the bathroom and used a match to light a candle beside the mirror. He grimaced at himself and rubbed his eyes, seeing all of the bags from sleepless nights. He also covered his mouth after seeing he was merely frowning as well. 

What a sight to be seen. He looked ugly.

He pulled the sides of his mouth up to form a clearly forced smile. He sighed in relief when he saw a small smile and fixed his messy brown locks.

"Still handsome as ever," he prided himself quietly. He closed his eyes contentedly and brushed out his hair gently.

Whilst his eyes were closed, he thought back to Anthony and the weeks that had passed so quickly. It had been… a month? A bit more? He couldn't deny that they were friends by now, but he found himself getting rather bored. What a waste it would be if they were to become lazy and just slowly drift apart. After all, it had been years since he had a friend. Oh, who was he kidding? He's never had a real friend before and, honestly, he depressed himself when that crossed his mind.  

He did want a friend, he just never found himself able to talk to people without them talking to him first. But… It was his fame they were really admiring him for. Well, there was Pentious, but he hadn't seen him in years and never really counted him as a friend, hence why he had forgotten him so easily. He was only a meal ticket to him. But Anthony, hopefully he was different. Perhaps a day out would be fun for the both of them. Just the two of them. Without Pentious. 

Anthony, his friend. That had a good ring to it, actually. And he did need to get out of this God forsaken prison he called his house before he went crazy. Well, even more so. He smiled more earnestly now and unbuttoned his nightshirt to get dressed. 

He stopped, though, and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked at his prominent ribs and covered them up with his arms with a frown. He grabbed another shirt from the pile of clothes and used it to cover his upper body, his breathing picking up slightly. He couldn't stop himself when he looked at the healed but still existing scars along his torso and along his shoulders. He clung to the shirt tightly until he was able to put it on and quickly cover himself.