Chapter 10

I tried to draw Tris okay I failed I know 😁
Okay, so I wrote a chapter last night and I proofread it quickly today. Hope you like it :)
(Happy Easter if you celebrate it!)

Tobias' POV

I feel extremely bad about Tris' head. I just couldn't let her get injured again. She's too special, though she doesn't see it. Her abnegation side is still strong, and I don't think it will be fading away anytime soon.

Right now, I'm walking with Christina, Uriah, and Marlene to Erudite. Tris and Tori are, or should be, meeting us there with some extra Dauntless. Then Tris can show me where I'm going when we get to the Headquarters.

I'm walking alone behind everyone else when Uriah slows down, and is eventually by my side.

"Dude, you screwed up with Tris. What did you do? She practically had steam coming out of her ears when you guys came back." Uriah laughs a little, watching the ground. The path is uneven and bumpy, even I stumble a bit here and there.

"When I held her back from walking back to you guys, I pushed to hard. She lost her footing and fell backwards. I don't know what she hit her head on, but it looked like it hurt." I sigh.

"She couldn't have been just mad about that. What else did you do?" Uriah smirks and kicks a rock out of the way.

"I think she thought that I thought..."

"Wait, slow down. I think she thought that I thought. Okay, I got it, continue."

I mentally face palm myself at his stupidity.

"You really aren't Erudite, are you?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Yea yea, whatever. Now finish what you were saying." He rolls his eyes.

"My guess is she was misinterpreting things and concluded that I thought she was incapable of fighting at Erudite. She doesn't necessarily think of herself as strong."

"Why didn't you want her to go?"

"Because sometimes she's just so....reckless. She takes action before thinking it through. I can't let her get hurt because of something stupid." I step over a piece of broken concrete, and keep walking. The sun is bearing down mercilessly today, it's got to be at least eighty-something out. And when you're wearing all black, which includes jackets and pants, you get a little hot.

"Can we stop in the shade for a while?" Christina asks as she turns around, walking backwards.

"We should keep moving. We can stop when we get outside of Erudite, where we're meeting Tris and Tori." I say, panting.

"I could go for some ice cream right now." Uriah smiles.

"Yes, we should all wait for the ice cream truck to come to us in the middle of a war. Then we could all get hot fudge sundaes with sprinkles and cherries." I say sarcastically. Marlene laughs and Uriah glares at me. Christina, who is still walking backwards, trips and falls over another piece of concrete.

Uriah bursts out laughing.

Marlene is giggling, but helping Christina up. I stifle a laugh myself as she walked over to Uriah and slaps him across the face.

"What, it was funny. Okay fine. I'm sorry. You happy?" Uriah smiles, and we all keep walking.

>Times Lapse<

"Finally!" Marlene exclaims, dropping her backpack full of supplies and leaning against a tree.

"You got any water in there?" I nod towards the bag.

"A little, someone-who-shall-remain-unnamed, Uriah, drank most of it on the way over." She says quickly, while Uriah lies on the ground with his hands behind his head.

"When's Tris gonna get here?" Christina asks.

"Any minute now." I answer.

Uriah sits up and leans against a tree. "They can take all the time in the world, as long as they bring ice cream."

I roll my eyes and turn around.

"Crap," he shouts.

I look back at him. His eyes are wide and his jaw slightly open.

"What?" I ask him.

Just then, a knife comes flying at me, and lands right in the tree behind me, the blade stuck in the bark. We all raise our guns.

Laughter. I loose focus. Did I just hear someone laughing?

Tris and Tori walk out from the brush laughing. Tori gives Tris a high five, and Tris retrieves the knife from the tree by Uriah.

"Did you wet your pants you big baby?" Tris smiles at Uriah, who is still surprised.

"Okay, it's all clear now!" Tori calls back into the woods.

About thirty Dauntless surround us.

"I take it you found some?" Marlene says cheerfully.

"I'd say so." Christina laughs a little.

"Okay, let's get this show on the road." I say. We all start walking into Erudite, straight for their main building. I notice Tris is still avoiding me and I sigh.

That's when the first gun goes off.

{A/N: Okay so my authors note was kinda in e beginning of this chapter and that's really all I have to say except that INSURGENT WAS LIKE THE BEST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN AND WHEN THE HATERS HATE IM JUST LIKE ASDFGHJKL WHAT THE HECK NO.

Okay I'm done with that.

Anyway....some guy wrote an article about Insurgent for our newspaper...lets just say I about printed I picture of him and stabbed his eyes out with a butter knife.

Apparently the characters are link "flat" and "unappealing" and have like no personalities. He said the actors did good, but the only characters who were interesting were Peter and Evelyn.

He said it was an action movie, but not a dystopian movie or whatever.

*cue music*
HATERS GONNA HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
WERE JUST GONMA SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE
SHAKE IT OFF, WE SHAKE IT OFF
(then Peter finds you and stabs you in the eye and we burn all the newspapers with that article.)

Well, until next time,
~SelflessBrave💚}