03

Jimin would say it was accidental,purely accidental how he came to the reception at the entry to Jungkook's consultant room and made a peek at his day's appoinment.He was just intending to talk to the head nurse.The name 'Kim Taehyung' was written in neat Hangul next to a 11.30 am schedule.His eyes fell onto the clock resting on the wall just beside the head nurse's office,noted it was 10 minutes past 11 and decided he should leave the space but God was just siding with the devil today when Jungkook stepped out of his office and called after him.

"Hyung,did you come to get me for Lunch?", Jungkook excitedly asked as he tapped his fingers over the reception desk and Jimin scoffed,"what lunch at 11?"
"Ouch,love me a little,hyung?", Jungkook huffed in fake annoyance and directed at the nurse,"Do I have anyone more for the morning?"
"I'm gonna go now",Jimin quickly stated as he got ready to leave but Jungkook extended a hand to hold him in place.

"Yes,Kim Taehyung ssi is due on 11.30 ,uisanim",The nurse replied and like immediate reflex , Jungkook's hand fell off from Jimin's and Jimin pushed his tongue into the hollow of his cheeks.Just as he turned around to leave,he froze.

"Jimin"

The world stopped for Jimin,there was deafening silence against his ears.The busy corridors were muted,the footsteps of the passersby fell dead,the constant ringing of phones were distant and the computerised voice calling out tokens looked useless.When Jimin came back to his senses,blinking twice ,he could feel Jungkook's hand against his back and he was so grateful to Jungkook for doing that.
Jimin watched Taehyung licking his dried out lips,he seemed nervous just like himself  and Jimin forced a smile on his face,"Tae-Taehyung"
And it was instant how Taehyung's lips turned into a curve , a smile hesitating to reach his eyes but before he could respond, Jungkook jumped in,"Taehyung ssi,Shall we?"
He opened the door to his room and stood aside and Taehyung had no choice but to give Jimin a nod,a promise to meet, maybe after his consultation as he stepped into the room.
"Hang in there,okay.I'll come in a bit",Jungkook breathed before following Taehyung in.The door closed and Jimin let himself crumble down.He took a quick entry to the nearby staff restroom and locked himself in.He was certainly going into a panic attack, rewinding the single moment over and over again,trying to find some sort of understanding from Taehyung's reaction.Did Taehyung really smile? Did Taehyung really utter his name and before he knew it,thick tears were falling down his face onto his lap.He was shaking uncontrollably.
And it hurt,it hurt so bad.Jimin was just a fool.

By the time,he pulled himself together Jungkook rang him up.After spending couple of minutes infront of the mirror to look as normal as possible,Jimin stepped out.
"Hyung",Jungkook approached him almost immediately,"Are you okay? You look red", Jungkook commented and Jimin nodded,"am good,lunch?"
Jungkook hummed and hooked his hand around Jimin's and walked him down to the cafeteria.
Jungkook didn't start a conversation right away,he gave him time enough to pull himself together,made him sit and brought his food for him.

"He is better now",Jungkook updated without Jimin even asking and Jimin nodded lightly.There was a pause,"He left?"
Jungkook bit his lower lips lightly,"Don't know.He might be downstairs for the medicines" and Jimin just nodded.He looked down at his food,he wanted to throw up and just run back home.
"I wanna see him",Jimin blurted out and before Jungkook could comment his confusion, Jimin continued,"But I shouldn't.I was the one who ran away..Oh God",He was talking to himself at this point.Jimin dropped his chopsticks onto the table,"Why does it hurt so much? God!!"
Jimin can feel his eyes burning,heart breaking and Jungkook didn't judge,he was only surprised at how much Jimin would have loved Taehyung  to react like this.Jimin stood up ,"Jungkook,am heading home..I can't today"
Before Jungkook can say anything,Jimin had left through the door.Jimin had no idea how he made it to the car park,he anxiously slipped off his white coat and stethescope and threw them into his car.

"Hey"
Jimin would recognise this voice in midst of any busy road and he bit his lips and there Taehyung stood,hands clutched infront of him,nervous and it was almost like looking into a mirror.
"How you been?"

Hurt.In pain.Crying to sleep every night.

"Am good", Jimin's voice was almost a whisper and he doubted if Taehyung heard it at all and he wanted to know how Taehyung was doing these days too but it would be an act of mocking.Jimin,himself,had pushed Taehyung to an edge of never return ,of resentment and pain and to ask if he was doing fine after every pain he had inflicted forcefully,Jimin kept the concern to himself.

"Um..Listen", Taehyung took a step forward and Jimin was going to scream,to not do this,to not make him fall onto his knees but Taehyung was fumbling through the pockets of his coat and pulled out a small pack and extended it to Jimin.
"I figured you might be anxious. I wanted to do something and i know how bad it gets...you probably have it at home but", Taehyung said as he pushed the strip of zapiz into his hands.Jimin stared at the medicine in his hand and said nothing.
"I'll get going then..um, I didn't know you work here.I wouldn't have come..sorry Jimin", Taehyung looked like a lost kid and then when Jimin looked up,he was already leaving.The medicine strip crumbled under pressure Jimin put onto it.

"Tae,stop"

Jimin had no idea why he called out,he was on auto pilot mode and he slipped when Taehyung turned around with a hum,"mm?"
Jimin had heard it too many times in the silence of the nights, Taehyung was always there to answer him.
"Did..did you ever fall in love after us?",Jimin asked,his heart putting up walls to resist what was to come,the pain that'd break him.Taehyung tilted his head lightly and sighed,a small smile forming on his lips and Jimin feared if that was cause he was thinking about the love of his life he has but then Taehyung spoke,"It's always you,Jimin..There's noone but you",with that Taehyung  was gone.Jimin carried the tear that fell on his shirt and a broken heart to home.