04

That night Jimin doesn't sleep well,which actually wasn't a very good way of defining his pain cause his nights had been sleepless for a good while now.But this time,he purposefully let his mind mull over everything that was drowning him.Maybe Taehyung never asked him why but a plenty of others did,including Jungkook.But the most hurtful of those encounters were when Taehyung's mother ran into him after a week of their break up in a convenience store.The woman was supposed to hate him for breaking her son's heart and for leaving him like the broken shard of a mirror.She didn't share good feelings with Jimin already.But instead she dragged him to a nearby restaurant to have dinner cause it was late.And Mrs.Kim had asked him that question and Jimin was so sure that she wouldn't understand but as words spilled out of Jimin's mouth,she kept a face that resonated to understanding.And she did.

"Jiminah",She had said," I understand you,I understand your fear cause I had been there and I had gone through it myself.When Tae's father died,I was left devastated and I didn't know what to do cause all my life I had him around.And now there was just silence but you know what Jimin,despite the fact that I'll have to go through pain I'd put myself through it again if I had to do it all over"
Jimin didn't understand.
"I'll fall in love with him again,take my chances.Cause you know Jimin,the days I spend with him would give me enough strength for when he is not around.I would be a fool to spend even a waking hour away from him if he is still around",Mrs.Kim had extended her hand to place over Jimin's,"It was not my intention to say all this cause like Tae,I respect your decision.If my son is not making you happy you should leave,that's true.I know I didn't approve of you first but eventually I saw how good you are for him.How happy he was with you..I just want you to know that you made him the happiest and I want to thankyou for that,Thankyou Jiminah"

And the day had long gone and Jimin had carefully stopped thinking about what if he had stayed.He wasn't a believer but he prayed that Taehyung finds another,finds happiness.Jimin was indeed a fool.

Two weeks passed by and Jungkook told him Taehyung was no longer coming in for his weekly checkups.Jimin realized Taehyung really meant it that he wouldn't be coming in if he had known Jimin worked here.A part of him knew Taehyung did everything for him but he couldn't help the rising anxiety of how much he had hurt Taehyung to make him run away.
"I still love him,running away didn't help..the fear didn't go nowhere ...am still scared that I'd lose him even if he is not mine.. I still want him",Jimin said, particularly to noone but Jungkook was there.Jimin had told him why he had broke up without Jungkook needing to pester,maybe Jimin needed to breakdown at some point.
"Hyung,It's in human nature to fear ..I am scared seeing my parents getting old ,it scares the shit out of me that one day I'll have to live without them but i still won't run..you know,I wanna spend whatever time we have to the fullest.To laugh and cry..The fear will stay even if I leave or not.I'd rather make memories for when the days come to end",Jungkook rambled on,his own eyes getting teary at the memory of his father bringing him food when he was too busy to go home for lunch when he was in medical school,"Hyung,We love ,we get hurt..and we do it again.that's life..."
" I don't wanna lose him ever... it's just ..I'd be broken"
"What difference did it make that you ran away..you're still broken", Jungkook said non chalantly,"You still cry that he is no more yours,you still mourn him while he is alive.You are still in pain then what good happened? "
That's when Jimin thought,every word Jungkook said were true.He still loved and mourned,what difference did it make? Jungkook held him long enough for him to dry out his tears,and when the day ended Jimin found himself infront of that grey apartment.The security gaurd still remembered him,a sense of familiarity seeped through him.He knocked the door and stood back. Something told him the password was the same and he pressed it out of curiosity and the door opened.The password was still the day they met and Taehyung stood there on the doorway,ready to open the door but frozen midway as it opened on it's own.

"Jimin?!", Taehyung looked at the clock on instinct,it was well past midnight and Jimin launched into his arms,"am sorry.. am sorry...am sorry,baby",Jimin whispered continuously.Taehyung was confused,out of breath cause of how tight Jimin hugged him.He rubbed comforting circles on his back and waited for Jimin to find his ground.Only few minutes after,Jimin gained his senses and pulled back.Taehyung sat him down,"Are you okay? What happened?"
A hand still held Jimin's hand in between them.
And Jimin,despite looking calm,was rambling,"i was wrong..and you were wrong"
"Jimi-"
"No, wait",Jimin cut Taehyung off and he heaved a breath,"I was wrong cause I never will be able to get over you,i can never stay away from you...and you were wrong cause you believed that am leaving you cause you don't make me happy anymore...that was not true..Noone has ever made me happy as you,Being in love with you was easy ,i just had to be me and you still loved with all the flaws..You called them unique when I called it strange.I can't ever stop loving you,i tried but i can't"

Taehyung stared at Jimin in disbelief,ran his thumb along Jimin's hand to make sure Jimin was right there and everything was real.
"I was a fool,Tae...If you had known why I ran away you'll call me fool too..But i was scared.I can't live without you..I just", Jimin's hand left Tae's to place them over Taehyung's collars.He wasn't pulling him in but the hands just sat there,"I just can't without you..I pretended to be fine but ..Tae..Tae,It hurts...I was so stupid to have lost you..I was so-",Jimin struggled for more words but in between his sobs,he couldn't.He barely was able to breath but then Taehyung cupped Jimin's cheeks and pulled him in to place a kiss on Jimin's lips. Jimin's eyes fell shut as more tears squeezed out through them and Taehyung was kissing him like he had been waiting for this for a life time.Jimin kissed him back with the same fervour, something that whispered 'more and more' into the air.

"I knew you'd come back", Taehyung said as he rested his head on Jimin's shoulder,still held in a hug.
"How?", Jimin's voice was equally low.
"I don't know.Maybe it was my wishful thinking but i knew you'd come back.I couldn't be without you and i believed it was the same for you"
"It was the same for me", Jimin sighed,turning his face to press a kiss on Taehyung's tear dried cheeks.
"Don't leave me ever again,baby", Taehyung voiced his fear.
"I know it's hard to believe me now but i won't...I want to grow old with you if you'd let me",Jimin tightened his arms around Taehyung,hurting that he broke Taehyung's trust.
"Grow old with me..please", and Jimin pulled away,a new year running it's course down his face.
"Oh baby",Jimin breathed as he kissed Taehyung,tiny pecks,one ,two and three,"I will..am sorry" ,four,five,"Forgive my stupid ass" six and seven,"I love you, baby..It was always you for me too", eight but then Taehyung didn't let Jimin's lips to part as he kissed him passionately.The apologies and pain melted together with their tears to leave them.Park Jimin was a fool ,a fool in love with Kim Taehyung.Fortunately Taehyung will hold onto that love for the rest of their lives.

A/n:I hope you guys loved this tiny ff,please let me know