looking out for you pt.2

PETER

No. No. No. No. Sam is unconscious on the cement. I feel anger take over me. Stupid fucking bastard. I swing to Green Goblin throwing webs. He can't just knock out one of my team members.

I web him with and electric web, that'll distract him for a bit. I swing down to where Sam is on the ground. He's not bleeding anywhere except for his head, I look around before sliding his helmet off. I gently wipe my hand over the wound, blood staining my fingers red, "Nova?" He doesn't move. "Cmon Sam" my hand meets his cheek, my fingers run down to his neck, he has a pulse.

I talk into my earpiece, "I'm taking Nova back to shield, do y'all have Goblin?" I look over at the team. Danny looks at me then puts up a thumbs up. I pick up Sam from under his knees. I try not to swing to aggressively since he's unconscious and is at risk of falling.

When I make it to shield I throw his helmet to the ground causing it to clink. I pull off my mask and start jogging Dr. Conners, I walk into his lab yelling his name. Him and Fury come running in, Conners takes him from my arms, zero questions asked. I try to follow but Fury stops me. "You're needed elsewhere" he grabs my shoulder tight, "Sam will be okay" I nod and swing out, meeting the others back at Times Square.

After Green Goblin was taken care of I run fast through the hellacraft (idk how to spell it) I run into Conners' lab. But there's no sight of Sam. I look around worriedly "Sam?" Nothing. "SAM!" After the second yell a silhouette comes walking out, "Peter?" The voice is quiet, but I can figure out who's it is in an instant.

I run to him, wrapping my arms around him. He goes stiff in my arms but then relaxes and places his head on my shoulder. "Don't you dare do that again" my voice is watery and my eyes sting. Sam nods but doesn't speak, "I was so worried" I say, my hand meeting the back of his head. "I'm...sorry" he mutters, tightening his arms.

I feel tears run down my cheeks, "I was just looking out for you" he says softly. "I'd risk everything to keep you safe" I pull away to see his face red and puffy. "I would too" I say hugging him again.

Ummmmmm so yeah, I'm sorry this took literally forever to post and I'm also sorry it's really short butttttttt I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter and I'll be starting on the next one soon!