nights like these pt. 2

PETER

"Peter" I don't reply, he stops moving, causing me to stop, I forgot we were holding hands. "Peter!" I look at him, he searches my face, "are you okay?" He asks, "yeah I'm okay" I say. I rub my thumb along the top of his hand noticing we are already at his house. I pull him into another hug the instinctively grabbing his face with my hands, "text me if you need anything" he nods and grabs my hands from his face, "okay webhead" he lets go and waves at me as he enters his house.

I stuff my hands into my pockets and start walking to May's house. She'll be pissed but it'll be worth it. I got to spend time with Sam...omg I held his hand for almost an hour! Am I insane? My face goes hot. Shit. What am I thinking? I can't catch feelings for him. I'm straight...right?

I decide to swing the rest of the way, I'll get home faster. I'll stop thinking about it if I go to sleep. As I walk into the house May stands with her hands on her hips, "where have you been?" She asks, "May.." she shakes her head and points her finger in my face, "I don't wanna know, just...go to bed" I nod and walk with my head down.

I throw my bag and coat on the ground, I fall face down on my bed. "Stupid stupid stupid" I mumble into the pillow, I cover my face with my hands. The only thought in my head is Sam. I think of the possibilities of him actually dying today. What would I do? How would I feel? How would the others take it? Would they react the way I did?

I turn on my side, wrapping my arms around my torso. Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam. My head pounds. It's the nights like these where I wish I skipped the field trip to oscorp. I wouldn't have become who I am today if I skipped, I wouldn't have met Ava, or Luke, or Danny, or Sam. I wouldn't have fallen in love with a guy. It's wrong isn't it? Being with a guy.

I sit straight up and walk to my desk, I sit in the chair and start to type. Am I gay quiz billions of results pop up, I click on the first link.

"How does a person know if they are gay?" The headline reads. "First lets have a definition. Gay means being attracted to the male gender as another male."  I nodded then started answering every question and right after I submitted it the results came back. "You are bisexual"

My heart sank. And not because I was mad but because I was happy. It's never done that before. I closed every tab on my computer and reached into the pocket of my coat that lays on the floor. I search my contacts for Danny.

I press the call button. He answers almost immediately, "Peter?" He asks, "Danny..." I pause, "how did...how did you know you were gay?" I ask, he takes in a breath. "I just knew. Since I was little." I rest my head on the back of the chair, "why?" I freeze, "no reason!" I say immediately pressing the end call button. Shit.

I walk back to my bed and I turn off all of the lights I get under the covers and fall asleep. Not a single thought in my head.