nights like these pt. 1

SAM

I can't stop crying. I'm crying so hard to the point where my head is throbbing. Peter holds me tight. Probably crying too. I can't tell. I could've died tonight. Like cease to exist, be lost forever.

He gently rubs my back, his hand meets the back of my head and time seems to stop. Every emotion just...fades away. Like they weren't there to begin with. He plants a comforting kiss on my forehead. Not meant to be romantic. In any way.

"It...it won't happen again" he pauses "I won't let it" his voice trembles. Even though it's not his fault. It's mine, for being so reckless. I almost died, not because of him. But because of myself.

I hear sets of footsteps. One. Two. Three. Three sets of arms wrap around me and Peter. "Sam I swear to god if you do that again I'm gonna kill you myself" Ava says jokingly, letting out a sad, airy laugh. Luke chimes in, "you were reckless" I roll my eyes and pat his arm, "I know dad."

We all laugh and pull apart. Everyone leaves to shower and go home. As I walk out of the locker rooms I bump into Peter, he awkwardly rubs his neck, "wanna go old fashioned?" I look at him, very confused, "I mean like...can I walk you home?" I laugh and go dizzy for a second, "yes."

We use our powers to leave the hella carrier then we meet the ground and start walking. We walk in silence. One we both respect. He bumps my shoulder with his and I look at him, he points to a small ice cream shop a few feet away from us. "My treat?" He asks, "sure" I reply.

We walk in and there is only one worker. A blonde guy, maybe in his twenty's. When he sees us he smiles, "what can I get for ya?" He asks, I search the ice cream, "strawberry" he grabs one of the spoons, "any toppings?" I think for a second, "no I'm okay" he smiles and scoops the ice cream into a cup, he puts a neon blue spoon into it and hands it to me.

He turns to Peter, "and for you?" As soon as he asks Peter lets out an answer, "blue cotton candy, with sprinkles and gummy bears" I let out a small laugh through a bite of ice cream, he turns and looks at me, "what?!" He asks, I shake my head while laughing, the guy scoops Peters into a cup and puts a yellow spoon in his, "that will be six twenty four" Peter nods and grabs his wallet. "Seven Buck ice cream? I should come here more often" all three of us laugh.

The guy hands Peter the receipt, "you two have a good night" he says with a  sweet smile, "you too" Peter and I say, almost in unison. We both wave off the guy and eat our ice cream while walking. "I really needed this" I say, he takes a bite before responding. "Yeah?" I nod and look at him, "yeah, today was...crazy" we both laugh.

Peter wraps his free arm around my shoulder, "I should've been there" he says softly. I place a hand on his neck, "it's okay Peter...you didn't know" he shakes his head "I should've" we both stop to throw away our melted ice cream. "I thought about killing Norman" he says out of the blue. "I was so mad I didn't even care if I murdered my best friends dad" he stops and grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers. "All for you."

My eyes sting and tears start spilling from my eyes. He rubs his thumb along my hand. We walk, I cry, he silently comforts me.

I start feeling something different from what I felt this morning. I don't just like Peter...I love him. Everything about him. His smile, his freckles, his eyes, his confidence, his touch. Every feeling I have for him is love.

Ummm cliffhanger??? Maybe, I wanna say this chapter is a little longer than the other ones but idk. Also every chapter comes in two parts, maybe three depending on how long the situation is lol but I hope y'all are liking this and no, it's not meant to be a SLOW burn it is just a bit slow but their feelings for each other are there very fast :p anywayssss I'll see y'all in the next chapter