01 - And you thought it was over

PREVIOUSLY:

just read 'Taeyong Lee-Stark and the League of Superheroes' before you read this. 

***

"A famous man once quoted 'we create our own demons.' Who said that? My dad, who took it from his old man, Howard Stark. What does that even mean? How do you get to that generalisation? Doesn't matter. That answer, that is. My dad said it because my grandfather said it and I guess, in some way I should too. But I guess-

"I don't uh... I'm gonna start again. Let's take this from the beginning."

***

1999, Bern in Switzerland and just under an hour before the New Years ball dropped. Tony Stark was at a science event, holding together some name that belonged to some man that probably belonged to some even richer guy. The point is, Tony Stark could easily be found flirting with a pretty brunette character who simply wanted to show him some of her research.

An equally young Happy Hogan was added to this affair, hair longer and stomach more profound. A hippy sought of vibe could be taken from his hair, but his face meant business. Something that unfortunately was carried well into the next decade or so.

The point of this story is to show just how badly Tony managed to screw up in his early days. You could argue that it's repercussions were far greater than ones he made in the year prior to the present day, which is named the 'Battle of New York.' One could even point out that Taeyong Lee-Stark was another dire consequence of Tony's many past actions.

This one is a little bit more life threatening and a lot closer to home.

Taeyong knows little to nothing about that particular night. Tony? Probably even less so which is saying something. "I want to take you to town and then to your research. Come with me," Tony grinned, wicked and mischievous. He hooked an arm around Maya Hansen's own and dragged her away from the bar, a stumbling and stuttering mess.

"Uh, research I'm happy to show you but I don't think I'm going to 'town' any time soon."

Happy was just around the corner, looking between Tony and his new girl, before stepping up and guiding them out of the party. "Ah Tony Stark, I saw your speech it was incredible-"

"I made a speech?" Tony squinted, tilting his head to Happy who nodded quickly.

"Yeah I'm a huge fan-"

"Oh Tony Stark. I'm Ho Yinsen," a familiar name would reach his ears in years to come but for now, Yinsen patted the younger's back and motioned to a man just beside him. "This is Dr. Wu."

"You're a heart doctor right?" Tony looked down at the man. "Well we're gonna need a cardiologist, once I'm done with her, might need to assist," he snorted, knocking shoulders with a giggling Maya.

"I've got the elevator ready, just come with me now," Happy pulled the two of the drunk scientists away from the crowd and into the just as busy hallway. "Thank you- no pictures please- thanks- can we have a little order-" Happy pushed both Tony and Maya into the elevator when a frantic voice called on the billionaire just outside the elevator and from the crowd of fanatic drunks.

"Tony Stark? Oh I'm a huge fan of your work and yours as well."

"Don't think he's mentioning you," Tony joked.

"Actually I've read up on Ms. Hansen's 2nd Year at MIT and her research I believe could be vital to the project I'm planning," he ducked under an unsuspecting Happy's arm and leant back into the crowded elevator space. The doors shut just behind him.