31 - What are our next steps then?

🚨TRIGGER WARNING - mentions of unhealthy eating habits, unhealthy coping mechanisms and suicidal tendencies 🚨

PREVIOUSLY ON: Dawn of New Change

We have the final battle and get to see all of the Avengers fight against Ultron's army. S.H.I.E.L.D. and War Machine help make sure to take care of the citizens of Sokovia. Ultron, whose numbers are starting to dwindle, tries to run away but the Avengers take on each and every single version of him. Taeyong tries to help the Hulk get back to the Helicarrier when Ultron shoots at them both. Pietro doesn't die, because FRIDAY is a legend and protects him!

Taeyong, with his dad and Thor, manage to destroy Novi Grad. But he falls into the water, his suit in stealth mode and unable to be tracked, dissociates too hard to help any of the Avengers find him. 

The next time that Taeyong woke up, it was in a familiar setting. He was lying in the Avengers infirmary, looking upwards at the fluorescent lighting. He squinted slightly, but kept his eyes open whilst he listened to the happenings around him. There was someone shuffling around the room and when he eventually turned his head to the side he found a doctor.

"Doctor Cho?" he said, feeling his throat dry up and he tried to clear it, blinking slowly.

She looked up from her clipboard, giving Taeyong a smile, relieved. "You're up," she noted, setting her clipboard down and walking over to him, bringing a hand out and looking over his vitals from a screen beside his bed. "You gave us all quite a scare down there for who knows how long," she said, finally bringing up a chair and sitting down on his bedside. She let her shoulders drop and gave him a small smile, "Your father is probably being notified as we speak, so he'll be here soon."

"What happened?" he croaked.

She pressed a few buttons on his bed and slowly, the top half started to move upwards. Taeyong shuffled, letting himself sit properly and look over at all the wires sticking out of his arms. He tried to breathe in deeply, feeling a pit grow in his stomach as he stared at the pale and unhealthy flush that had overtaken his skin. He looked so sickly, all grey instead of his usual tan skin tone.

"I need you to breathe in deeply for me," she said, bringing over a bottle of water with a straw in it. Taeyong let her hold the water to his lip, drinking it eagerly as he bobbed his throat, trying to rid the dryness. "This can be a bit scary, but you're awake now and in recovery."

"That's right," Tony said, voice jovial but eyes darting and tracking Taeyong's movements. The teen was blinking up at his dad, who had adjusted the lights and let them dim for a moment. Taeyong appreciated the gesture as he tried to settle down. His eyes remained on his dad, chin tilted upwards so he didn't have to look at his arms.

His pale and sickly arms that looked more like skin knotted around his bones than actual arms. With wires that were connected to injections that were pumping unknown fluids into his body. Taeyong tried to breathe in deeply again, but it came shaky. He cracked. Tears glistened around his eyes and he started to cry, biting on the bottom of his lips to keep from making a sound as Tony walked the rest of the way into the infirmary and sat beside him.

His dad took his hand, squeezing it softly and Taeyong let out another shaky breath, feeling his shoulders rise and tense. "Dad," he cried, squeezing the man's hand. "Dad there's-"

"It's okay," Tony whispered, reaching over and wiping his hair away from his face. "You're okay buddy."

"No- Dad- I'm n-"

"It's alright Taeyong," Tony said, his voice cracking and eyes taking on a sheen of water. Taeyong shook his head, with tears rolling down his face. "It's going to be okay, bud."