20 - So... we accidently created a 'Murder Bot'

PREVIOUSLY ON: Dawn of New Change

The after party included Taeyong watching most of the Avengers and even Hill and Taeil try their hand at lifting Thor's Hammer. With Thor's full confidence that if they could lift Mjolnir, then they were allowed to rule over Asgard, so Taeyong sends a quick prayer to the Greek Goddess Hestia and tries. He's unsuccessful but it's alright because the Avengers have a bigger problem to worry about.

Ultron has gone rogue. 

Taeil had a scrutinising furrow set in his brow as he stood in Tony's lab, looking over the data that was made to bring Ultron to life. Except, most of it was completely gone by the time they tried to gather intel. His eyes flickered over the many calculations that Tony had written down immediately when the opportunity came, which is to say, not a lot.

Taeyong felt completely helpless as he sat on one of the work benches, hugging his knees together and looking around the lab. His chest squeezed in an awful way as he continued to stare at Taeil, watching his friend, looking over the work that Taeyong, Tony and Bruce had concocted in just three days of having Loki's sceptre within their reach.

"All our work is gone," Bruce said in a quiet voice, hand coming to scrub at his face as if he couldn't quite believe what they had accomplished. Taeyong felt guilty about it, but he could almost feel the pressure on his shoulder lift, after seeing Bruce in panic mode. There's something about fucking up hugely, to a point, that the world becomes their consequence, that Taeyong feels almost safe in.

He knows how badly the experiments that both he and his dad work on, can be detrimental. There's always going to be something that falls back on the both of them. For the first suit, Obadiah almost stole the design and started a new terrorist war. Then there was the time that Hammer wanted the suit to sell to the government. The one mistake his dad made in 1999, when Taeyong wasn't even born, and they had to face the consequences together with A.I.M. and Killian.

But Taeyong, who is still just a teenager, who had full confidence in his dad, understands that they will come out of it unscathed. As they always do.

It still hurt a little because the look that Taeil sported, standing over their fallen lab, was of disappointment. Taeyong, as much as he tried to act the confident and uncaring teen, does not want to disappoint Taeil.

"Ultron cleared out," Bruce said, placing a hand over Taeil's shoulder. The student blinked, looking away from the notes and rubbed at his eyes. "He used the Internet as an escape hatch."

"The Internet?" Taeil murmured, eyes reddening as he looked around at the rest of the Avengers. "He could literally be anywhere. Fucking hell, that means he has access to anything."

"Ultron," Steve said, looking around at the group and then at Taeyong, who was the only one that could take his gaze. Tony was too busy staring down at his broken Iron Legion suit and Bruce was really carrying the 'shame' on his shoulders. Taeyong gave the Captain a nod, because that was what he was, Ultron. The peacekeeping initiative that Howard Stark theorised and Taeyong, Tony and Bruce helped turn into a reality. Except, nothing about what happened felt like a reality.

Taeyong, for all that he was very much present throughout the fight, felt himself falling into a floaty haze.

Natasha was the first to speak objectively though. Which was much appreciated, because it seemed that everyone was kind of in a daze after that fight. Taeyong just remembered then that they all had alcohol in their system.

"He's been in everything," she said. "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we do." She crossed her arms, jutting her hip against the glass wall and looked back at Rhodey.