Prologue

Hello Friends! I am back with another banger. Can't wait to start off a story in style!

8:00 AM

Y/N Residence

*beep beep beep*

I sat up quickly. Cracked my back. And started to get dressed. In the world I put myself in, efficiency is key. The least efficient get caught by the police and are left behind.

I was forgotten by most of the world years ago. Better stay that way to keep  my job.

I get downstairs and slam together some food and call it breakfast. I eat it quickly and sip my coffee. I get up and grab my equipment for the day and head to work.

<Timeskip>

My workplace is not your average office building or department store. I walk in the large skyscraper set directly in downtown NYC. Hiding in plain sight. The only thing left to be recognized on it is a gigantic stylized red X.

X corporation. Founded by a man named Zed, it was an enterprise solely based around mercenaries for hire. They are one of the richest companies in the world, with a net worth of around 10 trillion dollars. Their business is mostly used by rich people and companies to guard against common threats at events like concerts and things.

But there are other jobs that require attention. Within the company there are certain levels of mercenary. D grade, C grade, B grade, A grade, and S grade.

I am an S grade Merc. I take care of things more difficult and secret than Black Operations, taking care of the darkest criminals in our world, and sometimes beyond it.

Me being completely unregistered by the government made me completely untraceable and untargetable, making me perfect for the job.

When I get inside the building, I take the elevator to the top floors of the building. I am assigned jobs under Kayn, the Chief Job Administrator and Vice President of the Order of Shadows, working directly under Zed himself. The Order of Shadows is just what S grade mercs and Zed and Kayn call themselves, although its just a name really.

Generally I get job assignments via Kayn or calls, when they are extremely urgent only. Today I had an assignment that was supposedly within NYC.

As I entered the main lobby I notice recently upgraded A mercs smirking and laughing at me.

Considering that I was wearing a T-Shirt, camo pants and only my special gloves, they probably assumed I was lower grade.

But thats never a reason to laugh.

The mercs walked over to me and blocked my path.

"Hey buddy, where ya goin'? This is only for S grade mercs, and you are clearly not one of us," one of them laughs.

I then simply walk around them and walk past towards Kayn's office. I don't have time for lesser shits who clearly have a maturity deficiency.

Then one of them grabs my arm and tries to pull me backwards, but I just rip my arm out of his and unsheathe my claws.

"If I were you, I would stay far away. Your frontal cortex may be deficient, but you should know how to act in a merc company filled with extremely dangerous people, including myself. If you don't want to follow the rules, then you won't be the last person who disappears by my hand," I hissed.

They backed off and walked away.
As if to prove my point Kayn came out of his office at that moment and greeted me with a "Hey Y/N my man, what is up!" After that they got really scared and started running.