Chapter 6

One Month Later

"Hey everyone!"

Y/n looked up as a figure emerged from the doorway in the shape of Kayn.

Y/n and the members of K/DA were sitting around a nice little table in the VP office at the headquarters of X Corporation, far beyond the greatest company of mercs this world has ever seen.

"The city is still cleaning up damage from the attacks, and the body from the original position is being identified," Kayn reports.

I had become some sort of instant celebrity on the streets after the encounter with Mordekaiser and the media were getting very pesky. One reporter even attempted to follow me, which would have caused even more problems due to the people that I live with.

"Thank you very much Kayn."

Evelynn got up and started off towards the doorway. Kayn blocked her way.

"I'm afraid there is one more thing Ms. Evelynn."

He puts a newspaper on the table.

"K/DA spotted with The Dark Edge! Questions linger over the relationship and what might happen next for the group," Kai'sa reads.

"What the fuck is that name holy fuck that's so beyond cringe I can't!" I started laughing.

Kayn looks at me seriously.

"You know this means that your going to have people throwing rocks at you in the streets right?" Kayn asks.

"What." Kai and I say at the same time.

Kayn pointed out the window.

Down below, there were a mob of people surrounding the building holding up hate signs.

"No one wants some random guy with their idols, and no one wants a random group of girls with their hero," Kayn sighed.

Ahri huffed at the word "random", and Kayn and I caught on.

"Ahri out of all this, you're mad because Kayn called you random," I smirked.

She turned red and turned around to face the wall.

Kai gripped my hand.

"Don't be mean," she whispered. She planted a kiss on my cheek.

I felt the color in my cheeks flare as I remember the past month.

Kai had taken an interest in me since pretty much day one of bodyguard duty. And she finally had a brave moment right after I killed Mordekaiser, I mean temporarily removed Mordekaiser from the equation for now. And over the past few months she had been taking me out on dates and exploring the city with me (undercover of course) generally with... A lot of physical contact. Hugs, kisses, other unholy practices, you name it.

So yeah, if there was any weakness that I had it was this woman.

"Alright..." I grumbled.

She smiled and hugged me. I hugged back.

Kayn and the others were dead silent.

"Are you done?" Akali asked, "because we need to figure out how to get out of this building alive."

"We should brainstorm solution-" Ahri started.

I cut her off and grabbed Kai'sa.

"You ready for some action," I said.

She turned red.

"Uh huh I-I'm not s-sure.." She stuttered.

I activated the secret window console and opened the window.

"oh no no no no you don't don't you dare I will send you to jesu-" Kayn yelled over the wind.

And I leaped from it, with Kai'sa in my arms.

The first thing I heard was Kai screaming.

Then the sound of yells and gunshots.

Then I opened up my arm console on the new armor Kayn had given me (don't ask how, I'm still carrying a heavy ass woman) and pressed the red wing button.

Now I'm not the Falcon, and I'm not in a ripoff Falcon suit, so the boots on the shoes opened their engines and we blasted through the New York skyline, until we landed on the top of K/DA tower.

I set down poor Kai who was having a mental breakdown as we descended and she stumbled and almost fell, but I caught her.

"don't you ever dare do that-" she mumbled slightly.

I grabbed her in a hug.

"I'm sorry. I was trying to get you out without killing people and the stairwell wasn't very appealing," I pulled away and smiled.

She smiled back and started to say something but then turned around and puked.

"The elevators are over there if you want to take them down and go clean yourself up, maybe get a glass of water, you know?" I said.

She nodded and turned around and walked to the elevators.

When she left, I looked around for a way to get back to there tower.

I wondered how much suffering I had left them in, the rich girls and their literal god of shadow protector friend. Literally on top of a tower. They were fine.

However, the rioters had no idea we had left, so they could try and break into X. So I looked around for a solution.

And in my line of vision I saw a black vehicle, one used generally for tv broadcasting, but sometimes rescue missions.

I looked over at the helipad, and smiled.

I was gonna get those poor fools out of there, one way or another.

I HAVE REAPPEARED.

Never fear friends, no matter How long a break I take, I always return.

My school kind of got the better of me and I was not able to feed your poor horny souls, but I AM BACK, as always, to create more content.

Good luck peoples.
Peace.