72AY (Disappearing Energy)

Sorry, once again, there is no art.

Dadzawa POV

Midoriya seems to be losing energy recently. I am very worried.

"Aizawa-sensei?" The kid stays after class to talk to me. He never does that.

"Yes?" Midoriya's eyes flicker between me and the door.

"I was wondering if I could have lunch with you tomorrow?" I have to hold back a smile.

"Sure. Where do you want to go?"

"I was thinking a cat cafe. I know one that is not too far away from here that is ran by two retired heroes. They hire people who were in dangerous jobs and want a somewhat peaceful life now. They are lovely and I think you would enjoy it."

"It sounds like a good idea. I'll get you from your dorm at 11:00 AM tomorrow if that is okay."

I arrive outside of the dorm building at exactly 11:00 (11:00 AM). The kid comes out three minutes later, still putting a jacket on and waving bye to his friends.

"Hi! I am so sorry I am late!" Midoriya bows his head.

"It's fine. Ready to lead us to the place?"

"Yes! Let's go."

To say the lunch was pleasant is an understatement. I learned so much more from Midoriya than I ever thought I would. Later, I would realize he wasn't just wanting a nice lunch together, although that was certainly part of it. He wanted to say goodbye. When I led him inside the dorm building at 14:30 (2:30), I never knew I might never see him again. To this day, I am the last non-criminal who has seen him. I still have no clue how he knew everyone would be gone. He left his notebooks to me through a note. I have read through them all. I wish he was here so Nedzu and I could cultivate his analytical mind. So I, and everyone else, would know he is safe. Hopefully I will see him again.

"Hey," a familiar voice says to me.

My voice cracks with my words. "Problem Child?"