Chapter 28

Emmett's POV: 

It was just Bean and I walking down the hall at the end of the day when I see that new kid Elliot walking towards us. 

I warned him. 

"Maisy please, I don't understand why you won't talk to me."

"Get her name out of your mouth." I said with anger. 

I moved Bean over to the other side of me to get her further away, and put my arm around her shoulders. 

"What's with that dude?" I said when we got further away. 

"I'm sorry." 

"You've got nothing to be sorry for. You don't have to answer, but why don't you want to talk to him?" 

"it's a long story." 

"I've got time." 

"Are you sure?" 

"For you? I've got all the time in the world. You're like my little sister, so if something's bothering you I wanna know."

"Him and I were friends growing up, until my 9th birthday." 

"That's specific what happened?" 

"Um..I got in trouble, so I was getting a punishment. Elliot came over without telling me the day before like he is supposed to do. He saw me being punished and tackled my Dad to the ground. He grabbed my hand and ran with me, but I was too slow." ❗️

"What punishment Bean?"

"Not a bad one." She clearly didn't want to say. 

I'll drop this one. 

"What happened next?" 

"Dad got me and brought me back, but he killed him. He told me. I saw him laying there. Dead." 

"Fuck. If he's here, why don't you want to talk to him?" 

"I had to be punished for running away.."

"What was your punishment?"

"I have to stay away from things that make me get punished. I have to. I can't lose anything else." 

Now I feel bad for Bean and Elliot. 

"Bean what happened." 

"I'll get punished so much worse if he's around." 

"He's not around anymore Bean." 

She's getting really frantic 

"He killed my Mom Emmett..." 

A/N- Hi guys sorry for the short chapter, just wanted to get something out. I'll try to do a longer one soon. What should happen next guys? 

-Luna :)