Chapter 1

Today would be the day she would summon her great and powerful familiar. Once she summoned it, everyone would stop mocking her, they'd recognize her prowess as a mage, and they'll finally stop calling her a Zero! These were the thoughts of Louise de la Valliere, a young, pink-haired mage who has seemingly no magical talent whatsoever. Although she had hoped for a strong familiar to summon, she would take anything to prove her worth.

Oh how she would be regretting that wish very soon.

"Alright, is that everyone who has summoned?" The teacher, Jean Colbert, asked. A tan, busty girl next to Louise grinned mischievously before raising her hand.

"Oh, Mr. Colbert! Louise here hasn't summoned yet!"

"W-what?! Why you filthy Zerbst..!" Louise cursed under her breath. The red-haired girl only smiled devilishly.

"Thank you, Miss Kirche. Louise, if you would step up?" Colbert gestured towards Louise, who made her way to the front of the class. This immediately got her classmates muttering.

"Tch, there's that Zero again…"

"Better back up, lest we get exploded as well."

"Just give up Zero!"

"Behave, all of you! Show some tact as nobles, children!" Colbert scolded. He sighed before looking at the girl before him. "Now then Louise, just relax and do as you were taught, okay? You'll be able to summon a familiar, I know so." Louise smiled at the one person who ever believed in her abilities.

"T-thank you, professor. Now then… My servant that existed somewhere in this vast universe, my divine, beautiful, wise, powerful servant, heed my call, I wish from the very bottom of my heart and add to my guidance and appear!"

BOOOM!

A large explosion sounded throughout the courtyard, forcing the students to cover their faces from the smoke. Almost immediately, the jeering began.

"Founder Almighty, Zero, are you trying to kill us?!"

"Another failure, just like you!"

"Just go home already! You're nothing but trouble!"

"Silence! I will not tolerate any more of this nonsense!" Colbert shouted at the students, shutting them up. Louise however, was staring dejectedly at the explosion she caused. Another explosion, just as always. Maybe she should go home… Just let herself be married off to some random noble to preserve her family's name and their stand-

"Hjönk!"

"Huh?" The dust cleared, revealing… a pure white goose. It was as basic as they come for geese in general, basic expression and all. But something about the look on its face screamed that it was planning something. What that something was would be for it to know and no one else to find out; unless it was too late of course. "I-Is that a goose?"

Louise's apprehension towards the new arrival quickly morphed into happiness. She summoned a familiar! It actually worked! But… why a goose? Sure it looked pretty but was it majestic like a dragon or manticore? Not really. She then stopped before turning back towards her teacher. She opened her mouth to say something but decided against it.