Chapter 2

"Mmm, five more minutes..."

"Hjönk!"

"Eh?" Louise awoke with a start, sitting upright to find a pure white goose sitting on top of her. She was confused at first until she remembered the events of the day before. "I really did summon you then, huh?" She petted the goose endearingly before getting up. She got dressed for the day and motioned for her familiar to come along. "Today is the Day of the Void, so we have all day to get to know each other, Anser. You wait out in the courtyard for me, I'll be back soon."

And with that, Louise went into the cafeteria, leaving Anser to his own devices. Good, now he can start with his day. Anser left to find his hiding hole until he was greeted by Flame and a new companion. The new arrival was a large, blue lizard with wings. The beast bent down to introduce itself to Anser.

"Kyuuu!"

"Honk?"

"Kyu Kyuun?"

"Hjönk."

"Kyuun!"

The beast was a dragon known as Sylphid, and she appeared to be very childish. How endearing, he thought. Anser chatted with them for a bit before waddling off to his burrow, where he retrieved a bottle of cologne. He stuffed it away in his wing for safekeeping for now, as he heard Louise call out for him.

" Hjönk!"

Anser made his way out the brush to find his master waiting for him by the courtyard's entrance. Louise and Kirche seemed to be bickering as per usual whilst Sylphid's master was sitting beside Kirche, reading a book. The other two girls had their familiars by them as Anser made his way back to Louise.

"Ah, there you are Anser! Are you ready for today?"

"Honk!"

"Your goose may seem fair to you, Louise, but my Flame is far superior to yours!"

"Ssah?"

"Be quiet, Zerbst! Before I make you silent!"

"Oh my, no need to get so riled up Louise, I am merely stating facts!" The two girls began arguing again, in which Anser took as his cue. He lowered his head to be level with Kirche's hip and lined himself up. With the expertise of a master thief, he swiped her wand. And because she was too busy toying with Louise, she didn't even notice. Anser backed up slowly before turning to a full-on sprint. Kirche laughed at this display while Louise tried to call him back. "Oh, how like you, Zero. You can't even get your familiar to stay by your side with your constant nagging..."

"Tch, more like my familiar had enough of you fouling the atmosphere!"

"Eh?"

"What, cat got your tongue?" Louise sneered. Kirche had a look of confusion on her face as she patted her hip.

"My wand..."

"Huh?"

"My wand is missing!"

"Ha! You must've left it on your nightstand after one of your little late night 'escapades', Zerbst!"