Chapter 3

The day had begun as usual for Louise. She would sleep in only for Anser to honk at her to get up. She refused, opting to go back under the covers and ignore him. Said goose had enough of her antics and did the only reasonable thing he could do. Anser snatched up the end piece of her comforter and yanked it off her bed. Louise sat up with a yelp, glaring at her familiar who was happy she decided to wake up. She silently fumed as she got ready for the day, cursing her familiar for waking her up so early. If Anser heard her, he most likely didn't care. He had a big day planned and he didn't need his master dawdling around first thing in the morning. It was a lovely morning after all, and he was a horrible goose.

Louise and Anser made their way to the courtyard, where she told him to stay here as she went to go get her food. He watched her until she went inside. Great, time to get on with the day. First things first, where's his entrance? Anser surveyed the courtyard until he found his opening: Siesta carrying a cart of plates into the cafeteria. He tossed a stone past her as a distraction, which she easily took.

"What was that?" Anser climbed into the cart while she was occupied, the maid none the wiser. "Oh well, I should go on with my chores..." And just like that, Anser had infiltrated the building. Just in time too, as Louise had gotten up to leave with only a sandwich in hand. If he remembered correctly, she would be going to her usual spot underneath her favorite tree to eat. Good, he really didn't need her foiling his plans.

Enter the cafeteria. -Done!

Oh, now where to start... Well, the easiest option first. When no one was looking, Anser hopped out of Siesta's cart and dove underneath the tables. From here, he crept around until he found a boy who was too preoccupied with his friends to notice his knife was missing.

Get some cutlery. -Done!

Time for some mayhem, Anser thought deviously. He held the knife in his beak as he spotted his newest target. It would seem that peace was never an option. What a shame. A servant was dutifully pouring out the tea for a noble when Anser snuck up upon him. He rose up until he was level with the man's ear, the servant and noble blissfully unaware of what was happening.

"Hjönk!"

Splash!

Make the servant spill his tea. -Done!

"GAAAHH!" The boy cried out as the scalding hot tea was poured all over him.

"Oh Brimir Above, I am so sorry about that milord, I was startled and-"

"No excuses! I should have you flogged for this blatant disrespect of my name, you bumbling buffoon!" The student then took notice of the goose behind him, his fury unrelenting. "And you! You were the one who made this fool spill his tea, weren't you!?"

"Hjönk!"

"I'll make a stew out of you, you filthy-"

"Hjönk Hjönk!" Anser did not like that response one bit. With the reflexes that would put a trained assassin to shame, he dove at the boy, knife in beak. The boy let out a girlish shriek as the killer goose was now chasing him down with a knife. Neither noticed the runes in his wing glowing all the while. The other students and servants came to find out what was the commotion and quickly found out that a goose was loose in the cafeteria. The response was anger from the irate servants and laughter from the students. The poor student Anser was chasing was getting desperate as he gained the ire of the goose.