Chapter 21

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

"What about this?" Mariah asked

"No, it's to 70s," Chanel said

Well, life has been okay. I've made a new friend and her name is Mariah Carey and she is also my backup singer so I basically see her every week. There is this party a record label CDS records set up for you know artist and whatnot. So I decided Mariah should come since Chanel got her a little date plus this party will be good for Mariah. She's been looking for a record label so this is the perfect chance for her.

"What about this one?" she came out with a tight black dress that made her tiny little body show.

"te ves hermosa," Chanel sassed.
(You look beautiful)

"You know I don't understand that" Mariah giggled

"Chica, how you got some Afro-Venezuelan in you but don't know no Español huh?" Chanel said, while putting her lollipop back in her mouth.

Well it is true, her dad is Afro-Venezuelan and her mom is Irish but her father wasn't around much so I don't know Chanel be asking dumb questions.

I rolled my eyes at her comment
"Shut your mouth." I told her. "What she meant was you look beautiful ." I assured.

"You think? Doesn't it show a little to much of my body? I mean, isn't it to tight?" She asked

"Can you breath in it" Chanel asked and she nodded

"Can you walk, talk or dance in it" I asked and one again she nodded.

"Then I think you good." I said

𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

"Mhm.... Michael baby you felt so good." Delilah moaned.

I know this is bad and I love Angel But I couldn't help it. Frank pissed me off and Delilah my assistant was in my office. It was obvious that she wanted me because the blouse that she wore had four buttons open so you could easily see the spilt between her breast.

"Nobody can know about this, okay?"

"Don't worry baby, I won't tell." she said.

***
It doesn't feel right. I have to tell Angel. I would never look her in the eye and be able to talk to her without the guilt pouring all over me
After my moment with Delilah, I called Angel. I know I know what am doing is wrong but-

"Speaking with Angels assistant Chanel, how can I help you."

"Chanel it's me, Mike."

"Hola mi amigo, What you calling this number for? You got Angel's private number."

I was so nervous to call I mistakenly called her business number.

"Right um- is she around?"

"Yeah but she's about to leave with Mariah-"

"give her the phone now please." she did as I said and gave her the phone

"Hello-"

"Baby it's, it's Michael I um I want to tell you something and it's really important." I rushed

"Baby woah slow down so you want to tell me something?"

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"Micheal, baby am not gonna make a promise to something I basically can't keep. Just tell me fast because my car is here."

"Just promise!" I pre-yelled

"Okay promise, and don't ever raise your voice at me boy"

"I-I so it wasn't planned but, but I-"

"Baby am sorry I have to go am already running a bit late but if its that important you'll have to tell me in person."

"No baby I-I-"

"Sorry babe, love you bye-" and with that she hung up.

"I cheated for christ sake." I yelled and threw my phone away.

I need to talk to someone I could trust with my life.

Janet.

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

"Hurry-Hurry, quick get in the car." I told mariah

We got in the limo and started talking.

"Do you have your demo with you?" I asked her

"I always do, you never know." she giggled

"You better remember this day forever Mariah, am telling you."

***
The whole car ride I've been thinking about what Michael said- or tried saying. I've no idea what this man did but it didn't sound good

We arrived at the party and I saw people from Whitney Houston to Madonna to Bob Dylan to George Michael and many more.

I see Jerry Greenberg and Tommy Mottola the head of my record label and one other guy who's name I don't know and don't want to know

"Oh I see Jerry, let's say hi." I tell Mariah. She hesitated but I still convinced her to come.

"Hi Jerry," I greeted, "Tommy." I said angry.

I had an argument with Tommy about the songs am recording. So we are not on good terms right now.

"Hi Angel," Jerry hugged me. "And Angel's friend"

"Jerry this is Mariah, Mariah this is Jerry."

"Pleasure to meet you." Mariah said.

"No its a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh Jerry, Mariah here is a great singer and songwriter. And I forced her to bring a demo tape, because you know how I am so if you would listen to it, it will really-really make me happy." I gave Mariah a sign to give the tape.

As soon as she handed the tape over Tommy grabbed it from him and kept it in his pocket.

"Anyway, Tommy here is the president of my record label."

"Mariah." she gave her hand out.

"Tommy Mottola." he shook her hand.

After we made our little conversation we drank some wine and ate some of them small food white people make. Do they think I'll be full from some snack that's no longer than my pinky.

***
Party's over and Mariah and I got back in the Limo.

"That tommy guy seems really... Tough." Mariah said

"Yeah that's Tommy he always trying to do what he wants but I ain't letting that happen." I said sharply.

"You don't like him?" Mariah asked

"It's not that I don't like him, he's just-how do I say it? Tommy likes things to go his way which makes me mad. So we'll go at it sometimes. So if you get signed you stand your ground and say what you want and what you don't want to cooperate in your contract. " I adviced

"And how do you know if am gonna get signed?"

"There is no explanation for that girl." I giggled.

"What's wrong Angel? You don't seem to be in the right space."

"Nothings wrong just, have a lot on my mind." I brushed her comment off

"You lying, now tell me what really wrong."

"It's just that, Michael called and he-he wanted to tell me something important but I didn't let him finish because we were running late." I admitted

"Have you thought about what it is?" She asked.

"I don't want to hop into conclusions. I just- I just hope it's nothing bad."

~𝐍𝐀𝐎𝐌𝐈~