Chapter 23

𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

~1993~ Grammys

She left.

Angel really left me.

There's not a day when I don't think of her. All I though about for the past 3 years was her. I'm yearning for her.

Her smile.

Her lips.

Her laugh.

Even my song Remeber the time is about her. Angel seem to have move on and so did I, I guess. I heard she's been seeing someone guy, and I've been seeing someone too.

Lisa Marie Presley.

I've know Lisa a long time. She came to see one of my shows with my brothers in the late 70s.

Not many people know about our "relationship" and I'd like to keep it that way. That's one of the reasons I'm taking Brooke Shields to this year grammy.

Janet is going to present me the grammy legend award. We were both going to be matching in white. I called dunk to make sure if everything was good.

Brooke was already here so I called Bill and told him to bring the car to the front door.

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

"Babe can you please help me take my phone out of my purse?" I asked.

My stylist helped me zip my dress op for this years grammy.

This year I'll be performing- well not as I usually do. I am but it more singing and less dancing. I'm doing a tribute to Aretha Franklin natural woman. I'm also nominated for song of the year with 'Case of the ex', which I will also be performing for. Janet told me Mike would be there. She was so excited to present him the grammy legend award. This will be the first time I'll be seeing Michael in 3 years. I really don't plan on much talking to him and I also don't think I'll ever forgive him for breaking my heart.

"Here" he gave me the phone and sat on the couch in my bedroom.

I dialed my mother's number and waited until she answered.

"Hello?" she asked

"Mama it's me, how you feelin'?" I asked. Mother has a fever which means she can't come with me.

"I'm alright. Are you excited, you gon sing your favorite song in front your favorite artist." even though she was sick, I could still hear excitement from her voice.

"I might faint seeing her." I laughed.

"You'll do fine!" My boyfriend shouted from the other room.

"Elijah how you doing? My mother asked.

" Eli mama ask how you doing." I said.

" Tell her I'm fine. " Elijah said.

Yes I'm dating Elijah but it's just that after the breakup with Michael, he find a way to contact me and pow it just happend from there.

I told my mother bye and told her to watch TV. Chanel told us we only had 45 minutes before the show starts so my makeup artist finished the last touches and I was good to go but then the impossible happend.

My dress got stuck and ripped.

"Chanel!" I yelled for her help.

I felt like crying and cry I did.

"It's alright just take the 2nd best option." my stylist said.

They quickly fixed my makeup and Chanel brought me the other dress. It was pretty but a very risky outfit.