3.First night back pt.2

Your pov:

Everything became chaotic as everyone rushed through the castle and into the great hall ready for the feast.

The first years all lined up at the front of the hall,waiting to be sorted into these houses. To be honest since about 2nd year I haven't paid one bit of attention to the sorting, all i could think about was the good food i was about to eat.

After what seemed like forever, Professor Dumbledoor shouted "LET THE FEAST BEGIN".
Cheers irrupted when the food appeared on the golden plates, and everyone began wolfing down there meals.

I looked across the Gryffindor table,
and to my great surprise i actually saw the boys silent for the first time in my life.
That was until Sirius turned around, trying to get the attention of a Ravenclaw six year, but then choking on potato.

The other 3 boys where crying with laughter as usual at Sirius' failure , and even Lily was laughing with me because that was actually the worst thing i had ever seen. For the rest of the meal, James would not stop going on about how Sirius had potato coming out of his nose.

Time flew by as everyone ate, and it was time for the prefects to show the first years the common rooms. Lily and Remus where chosen to be the prefects this year which was the quite obvious choice to the rest of Gryffindor, yet James was still moody that he didn't get the job, despite the amount of detentions that boy has got.

I decided to tag along the pair since I wanted to go to my dorm with Lily and unpack my things early. The first years all gasped in wonder looking around at the moving staircases and talking portraits, the same reaction I once had .

"As you can see," Remus chuckled, "Please be careful when walking on the staircases, you'll soon figure out which steps to avoid".

We finally got to the common room and Remus, Lily and I stood in front of the crowd.

"Right, so i'm Lily and this is Remus." said Lily as she pointed towards him and he gave a wave to the new students.
"Hello", they all replied.
"We are the Gryffindor prefects, so if you ever need anything or have anything to ask us don't be afraid to talk to us!"

"Oh and this is my bestfriend Y/N."Lily said as she gestured my way.

I laughed"Yeah, don't worry guys i'm definitely not a prefect".
The first years all giggled back at my comment.

"What do you mean Y/N you would be a great prefect" Remus questioned turning towards me.
"No ...
definitely not what are you on about ?" i replied back trying to hide the fact i was
smiling at him.
"No you totally would you'd be much better than me any day" he smiled back at me.
"Oh shut up Lupin i would not  you've got much better marks than me in all your exams" i said facing him.

Remus began to answer back but then was suddenly cut of by a first year boy wolf whistling at the both of us and the rest of them laughed back. I then realised where I was and that I completely forgot anyone else was here apart from Remus.

My eyes widened and i began to go as red as my tie. I looked back at remus who was scratching the back of his neck and trying to hide his smirk by looking at the floor.
This made me grin so hard it couldn't be wiped of my face no matter how hard I tried.

"Ahem, anyways, the common room?" I gestured behind me and nudged Lily to talk about what she was meant to be going on about ,still smiling.

She whispered in my ear "we have got to got to talk about this later" and then turned towards the first years.
"Yes so this is our common room" the three of us moved to the side revealing the fat lady's portrait. The group gasped in awe .

"Hello, and welcome to Gryffindor! Oh look at you all and your nice new robes oh
your just adorable" the fat lady squealed in excitement.

Her expression dropped in annoyance as she looked towards the three of us.
"As for you three, just look at you , Remus Lupin tuck in that shirt!"

"Sorry miss" Remus said with a smile.

"All commonly rooms come with a password. But they change every few weeks so try not to forget them" said Lily.
"For now the new password is... Remus what's the password?" Lily whispered.
"Bat whiskers" Remus whispered back.
"Bat whiskers!" Lily shouted to the group.

The fat lady sighed then nodded her head and the portrait swung open revealing the common room inside.
"Do bats even have whiskers?"I whispered to Remus.
"How should i know"he laughed back.

The new students rushed in and the portrait door swag close again.
"Right, boys dorms on the left and girls dorms are on the right!"Lily managed to shout over all the commotion.

Remus's pov:
Suddenly what ever was interesting everyone in the common room wasn't interesting anymore as every single child had ran up stairs leaving the three of us stood alone in silence.

"So um Y/N, how was.."i said trying to break the awkward silence .
"Sorry Remus no time for chitchat me and
Y/N have got to go to our dorm, lots of stuff to get on with!" Lily said while grabbing Y/Ns arm and dragging her up the stairs leading to the girls dorms, meanwhile Y/Ns face was flooded with confusion.

With nothing else to do, i walked over to the large bookcase ,chose a book from it and  plonked myself down on the large comfy sofa and began reading. However for the first time in a long time i couldn't focus because all i could think of was what Y/N and Evans where on about.

Your pov:

"Lily what are you on about?" i said laying down on my comfy four poster bed,"Merlin i've missed this bed."
"Shut up Y/N you know exactly what i'm on about! You and Remusss! It's so obvious you fancy him and he clearly fancy's you to!"

I instantly started to blush. I have never ever though about fancying Remus Lupin. Never. No that would just be weird. Too weird. Well i guess it wouldn't be so weird. He is really sweet... oh and tall and smart,his hairs well cute too.Oh my fucking god i fancy Remus Lupin. Oh my god.

"Hello?! Earth to Y/N? See it's so obvious you do your blushing! When did this happen?"Lily said excitingly.

"Um... just.. now?" i confessed with an awkward laugh.
"Aww that's adorable! You two would be so cute!"
"Shove off Lily go snog James"
"You go smog Remus then"
"Piss off" i said , however i got no reply as Lily was already busy reading a book.
I took this silence as an advantage to tuck myself in to bed and try to go to bed early.

But all that was in my mind was Remus bloody Lupin and how awkward tomorrow was going to be.

Heyy!
Thankyou for all the new reads and votes i really appreciate it!
This chapter was much longer than previous ones but i hope you enjoyed it and it didn't feel to long.
If you have any ideas or questions let me know.

-Sophie :))