My Furry Friend

People who know me in real life know that I love animals! For as long as I can remember, I've been infatuated with the thought of getting a pet and have been trying to convince my parents ever since. After four years of asking and asking... and asking and more asking- they finally agreed to get a puppy. This is the story of how I met my puppy (now dog) -Buddy.

18th February 2018,

It was a bright and sunny day, with blue skies and fluffy white clouds happily floating about. After years and years of convincing my parents, they had finally agreed to get a puppy, I was so excited! The puppy was supposed to come home on monday. It was only friday but my sister and I had already got all the stuff for the lil pup- his food, his toys and a little doggy bed too!

It was afternoon, and after a lot of jumping and excited cries of "we're getting a puppy!" we finally got tired and decided to watch a show. Some time passed, and I was enjoying the show when my mother walked into the room and said something about how we had finally settled down. Being completely engrossed in what I was watching, I simply nodded and muttered a Yes.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang and me- being the lazy 12 year old I was, didn't bat an eye and continued staring at the colourful images on the screen. For once, my mom didn't complain about how young and active I was and how I should not make my "old mother" open the door. Infact, she zipped past me and ran down the stairs, almost tripping halfway to the door. I didn't really question it because I get my weird genes from her. "Maybe she just ordered some really good food," I thought and chuckled.

Soon enough she walked back up into the room we were in, and stood RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TELEVISION! My sister and I started waving our arms frantically telling her to get out of the way and something about the climax of the show blah, blah, blah. Our eyes were glued to the screen and we were both pretty annoyed at her. A split second later my sister screams and runs towards my mom. This was enough to grab my attention and I shifted my focus from the televison screen to my mom.

I mimicked my sister's actions and ran towards them. Why, you may ask. In my mother's arms was the most adorable little puppy! He was a lemondrop beagle, a tiny fellow with chestnut brown ears that were even bigger than his face. He looked at me with the most beautiful chocolate coloured eyes. His white tail was slightly wagging, as my mom gently scratched his back. Being overjoyed and overwhelmed all at the same time, I hugged my mom and whispered, "Thank you." She smiled back at me and then glanced at my sister and who was beaming with joy. I looked at the puppy and gave him a kiss on the forehead, "Welcome Home Buddy."

Present day

Buddy has now become a part of my family, and I couldn't imagine a world without him <3 he's very funny and so annoyingly sweet.

He can be quite stupid too, and oh my god when I say he's a foodie- he will literally eat anything! He once ate a tissue paper just because it smelled like food (don't worry he was fine nothing happened).

Another time he ate a full 250g pack of peanuts, don't even get me started on how that happened. Let's just say that I was in for a nasty shock when I took him to do his business the next day.

He also gave us a scare when he ate a caramel filled chocolate- just to clarify dogs aren't supposed to eat chocolate, and the poor guy was sick for a few days which naturally made everyone else worry too. But he's a resilient little doggo, his habit of trying to eat anything and everything has made his immunity stronger. Sometimes we joke about him being half- goat, and it may be true. You never know.  0_0

His antics make my life so much more interesting and even though he's gotten into trouble many times and has had his fair share of lectures from us, he'll always have a special place in my heart.

•Fun fact: His name had been decided way before we got him, and it was later discovered that there's a "B" shaped mark on his forehead! Coincidence? I think not.•

                                      ~

      ~

A/N- So this was it! I know it's pretty short but this book is mostly gonna contain short stories/memories like this, I hope you found it interesting :) if you did- please click that little star button, it would make me really happy! Thanks so much for reading!

Do you have any pets?