CHAPTER 7: A Tragedy

Jeff found himself in the woods, walking aimlessly. He didn't remember how he got there, but he didn't care either. The boy walked for several minutes, not knowing where he was going. Suddenly, the air turned cold, and everything became silent. Jeff started to cough, when he suddenly heard a voice.

"Do you remember what happened?"

"What...?"

Suddenly, a hand came out of the ground, gripping Jeff's leg tightly. The person came out of the ground, revealing a rotten Jeff, his mouth open wide in a bloody smile, his blood red eyes contrasting his dark blue irises. The real Jeff fell to the ground, while his corpse came out of the ground and stood in front of him.

"You failed them, Jeffrey." Said the corpse, who suddenly changed shape, becoming Ben's corpse.

"Why did you leave me, Jeff?" The figure changed shape again, revealing the Jack's corpse, who spoke in a dry voice as he approached, contorting his limbs.

"Jeff, what's happening to me? Why can't I see?!" Jack's corpse began to moan in pain, as he began to transform into something else, his limbs lengthened as he screamed in pain and agony, his body turned black and skeletal as his height grew more and more, his face turned pale , and his facial features vanished, a dead tree texture covered his body. Jeff recognized the creature, and began to gasp as he coughed.

"You failed them all, Jeffrey. And you will fail them too." The creature said as the corpses of Liu and Jessica appeared on the ground, with several stab wounds around their entire bodies.

"No... no, I never will! NEVER!" Jeff said as he got up from the ground, coming to attention in front of the tall man.

"We will see, boy."

Jeff woke up in his hospital bed, his blurry vision clearing to see Jessica and Liu sitting on the sides of the bed, both very worried.

"Mo.. .mom..." Jeff could barely move his mouth, noticing the stitches around his cheeks.

"Son! Oh thank God!!" Jessica hugged Jeff, letting out tears of joy and tranquility as her son, with little strength, returned the hug.

"Lucky you're okay, asshole... you worried us." Liu said, punching Jeff's shoulder, in response Jeff let out a groan of pain.

"Oh, right. I, uh... forgot about the broken arm. Sorry..."

"It's okay, man... it doesn't hurt as much as you think."

"Jeff... I know you're tired, but... I need you to tell me what happened to you. We found you almost dead on the floor, along with Randy Anderson, Keith Adams and Troy Becker, all three dead. What happened there?"

Jeff remembered what had happened the night before, and he began to feel emotional.

"I... uh..."

"Ms." interrupted the doctor. "It's best if Jeff doesn't speak for now, the muscles from the corner of his mouth to his jaw were badly cut, the boy won't be able to use his mouth properly for a while. At least a month."

"I understand, doctor..." Jessica said, turning her head back to Jeff. "Honey, could you write it down?"

Jessica handed Jeff her phone, and the boy began typing. After a few minutes, Jeff handed the phone over to Jessica, who was taken aback by the message.

"Honey...what do you mean Jack and Milo were there? You mean Randy and the others had their bodies there? Because we didn't find anything like that at the scene."