Con job part 2

No POV
Damage had been minimal inside the hanger despite the fight that just took place. Stormchaser was still laid out in the hanger an hour after she went down. Ratchet had been working an hour into repair the predacon due to the risk of Stormchaser waking the old medic had to quickly constructed a muzzle of titanium cords. After the predacon was stabilised Ratchet began to calibrate the ground bridge. Wheeljack and some surface burns and a few loose cables quickly fixed and a checkup and a few war stories from Bulkhead he was up taking a tour with Miko. Bulkhead had finished another story noticing that his best friend was not imputing any details or jokes odd for his wrecker brother. Then there was Stormchaser's attack she hadn't hurt anyone but Wheeljack unusual behaviour for the overgrown softie she was, it made him think.

"You alright." Arcee asked noticing her comrades unease.

"Yeah, just out of sorts I guess." Arcee smiled at the wrecker watching Miko take Wheeljack down to the armoury. "Don't tell me you're jealous." Bulkhead thought about it but that wasn't it, he just couldn't put it finger on it. "That Miko's making a new friend? Come on... Something..... Something's just not right about Wheeljack." His best friend was quiet avoided telling their best adventures with the wreckers. "Bulkhead, really? He's travelled galaxies. You haven't seen him in centuries. He could be rocket-lagged or.. well, bots do change, you know?" Fair with some bots but after everything Bulkhead and Wheeljack had gone through Wheeljack was the only one not to change. "Not Jackie." Bulkhead was sure of it plus Stormchaser may of had a reason to attack after all. "Then maybe Stormchaser left he shaken up, he'll come round. Any idea what will happen with Storm. Optimus was pretty mad." Arcee changed the subject, Ratchet grunted as he looked at the bridge monitor. 

"Optimus doesn't know yet, it's why he went out on patrol to think at the moment she'll need to be confined to her room and scan her maybe she is getting too territorial to be around new Autobots. Not much is known about them only what we could guess from their remains she could of felt threatened at Wheeljack's arrival, who knows?" 

"But she was just as excited as the kids until.... she got close to him... then Miko got close to Wheeljack it made her freak out." Bulkhead was thinking trying to add it all up. Storm's attack, Wheeljack not acting like himself, Wheeljack hadn't even commented on getting his ship repaired. It clicked Bulkhead looked at his team.

"Look I know Wheeljack better than anyone." Bulkhead said as Wheeljack and Miko walk back into the hanger. "Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Wheeljack asked curious .

"I was just telling the guys all about you and me at the battle of Darkmount pass." He wasn't but it would confirm his theory. "That's a heck of a story." Wheeljack smiled.

"Yep. Tell it." Bulkhead demanded but Miko was bored of war stories wanting to be the good tour guide and show him the way out the top. "Talk, talk, talk. How about after we go off-roading?" Bulkhead wouldn't be distracted he needed to know if this was Wheeljack.

"Miko! Stay out of this!" Miko was shocked at Bulkhead being serious. Arcee stepped forward to diffuse the situation. "Bulkhead, easy."

"I'm not sure I-" Wheeljack tried to avoid the retelling of another war story.

"Tell it!" Bulkhead would not let it go so Wheeljack gave in.

"Fine, you want to live in the past, Bulkhead? The wreckers were trapped between a Decepticon patrol and the smelting pit. The cons were vicious, bearing down on us with everything they had. Me and Bulkhead engaged the enemy, left them for scrap, then I made us a way out using their backsides as stepping-stones to cross the molten metal. Isn't that how it happened?" Wheeljack finished his retelling of the story no one questioned him but Bulkhead.