Morning

Optimus POV
I woke to nugges against my faceplate last night did happen we have predacon hatchling in the base. A predacon the largest creature to roam cybertron. Thinking back what if Megatron had gotten ahold of the hatchling the weapon she would become the destruction she would cause.
Grrr
The small predacon headbutted me this time waking me fully now.
"I'm up enough before you dent something." I sternly say seeing the predacon jump up a down on my chest she was so tiny the size of a domestic human pet dog. The femme squawked and crossed her hind legs, it clicked and I picked her up quickly and particularly ran to the wastage room.
"Wait a moment." I repeated as I got in and I held her over the large drain for waste fluids. She wiggled before freezing, few moments later she began to squirm, growling before she glared at me. I put her down she looked around I left the waste room and she followed close behind. In the control room Ratchet was already awake.
"Do you still have the raw crystals from last night she might be hungry now." I ask the femme stays behind my pedde she was scared of Ratchet and remained quiet.
"In the medbay finally got the place cleaned up the predacon damaged some important equipment in there stuff I need she is not going anywhere near that room."
"A reasonable request old friend I will respect it." I say before thinking how the rest of the team will think of the new femme.
"She still needs a designation." Ratchet said whilst monitoring the screens the femme jumps past me and runs towards Ratchet as he held a crystal. She stretched neck up and lowered it repeatedly squawking.
"She got quite a set of vocal processors. As for a designation you should observe her before picking one." Ratchet throws the crystal and she catches it and begins to gnaw on it turning it into dust before eating. The sensors were triggered and the hatchling squealed before running down the hall.
"It's just the rest of the team back from patrol." Ratchet reports letting them in.
"I'll be back with the hatchling." I said heading down the hall. She was scratching at the door to my room she turned to me then then the door squealing.
"No the noise was just the rest of the team they will not hurt you,now come here?" I lower my hand down for her to climb up on but she hesitates and chirps at me then yawns.
"Your not tired you have only just woken up now up." She growled but did as she was told with a growl of displeasure she was defiantly senient. I walked slowly back to the control room she clawed her way up onto my should before laying down there calm which is ideal for the next set of introductions.

No POV
"Hey, Ratchet what was the ball we intercepted, was it a type of weapon, doomsday device?" Bulkhead asked eagerly.
"Earth is becoming a bad influence on you and it might as well be a doomsday device after the mess it made in the medbay." Ratchet complained.
"What do mean mess it looked to be just a ball, What is it?" Arce asked.
"It was more than just a ball the thing hatched in my medbay unsupervised." Ratchet growled.
"Hatched what do you mean hatched." Arce looked shocked just then Optimus walked in and the hatchling began to hiss at the three new bots.
"That hatched." Ratchet said the stood on all fours now spreading it's small wings as far as they could and hissed false striking the air.
"What is that thing." Bulkhead shouted pulling out his gun and the hatchling snarled showing its teeth.
"Lower your weapon Bulkhead, the hatchling is scared she's not even a day old try to lower your voices." Ratchet cautioned as he took note of her behaviour.
"What is it?" Arce stared at it in shock she knew in was some type cybertronian being.
"A predacon."
"Beep beep whur." Bumblebee began.
"They were extinct but I believe the egg was buried long ago when they were decreasing in number and the egg was kept active by the surrounding energon crystals until the egg was disturbed by the decepticons." Optimus said as he calmed the young predacon down by rubbing her under the chin his finger.
"So what happened last night?" Bulkhead wondered out loud.
"What happened was that it hatched and scattered shards of crystals all over the floor chewed through five computer cables and knocked over a piece of very sensitive equipment before it woke us from recharge." Ratchet said the hatchling lowers her head chirping then jumps off Optimus's shoulder before he could say anything she open wings and glided to the floor landing with a clatter and a squeak.
Ratchet was assessing her in a second finding no injuring he shouted.
"Don't do that again you could have gotten hurt." He said sternly she backed away from him and hid behind Optimus.
"So we keeping her I take it, can't let her be taken by the decepticons wouldn't want to meet her in a decade on the wrong side of the battlefield." Arce said crossing her arms. The rest of the team agreed the hatchling chirped coming out from behind Optimus before walking up to Bulkhead circling him sniffing at him before nugging his large foot with her snout chirping at him and begun asking for a crystal by repeatedly stretching her neck out and in while squawking.

"What does she want?" Bulkhead looked worried as the hatchling continued.

"Still hungry I think she must eat a lot." Ratchet got another crystal and she immediately turned towards him and continued the noise. Ratchet threw the crystal which she caught and begun to chew eat no longer worried about the new bots.

"Raw crystals won't that harm her tank." Arce shook her head in disbelief.

"Must have a tank of steel." Bulkhead laughed as the hatchling swallowed the remains whole burping shortly after.

"Optimus there is one issue with taking care of her she is quite nervous which means she could be a danger to agent fowler so I think we should not have him here until she calms down more and trusts us first before bringing him to startle her. There is also the raw crystals, you know how hard it is to find those we'll need to step up our efforts to find new sources of energon most of the energon is already processed and packaged no longer in crystal form and from last night she won't eat the cubes." Ratchet informed Optimus. 

"We will need to find more energon for all of us we will extend our search range and I agree that the human will need to be kept away from the predacon but the base is big enough when he arrives unexpectedly she will stay in a storage room." The autobots nodded.

"Good luck with that sparkling's never cooperate or listen to orders." Bulkhead moans. They watched the femme play before they split into teams bulkhead and arce was sent to search for energon bumblebee to scout the area and ratchet to research the limited data banks for information on predacons whilst Optimus watched the hatchling and thought of a name suitable for her.