Already up to no good.

After Dumbledore's speech and warnings, as well as the food -which was divine by the way, was finished the prefects proceeded to lead them to their common rooms. Esther had shot Harrison a look of encouragement and good luck, before waving to his twin and leaving. On the way to the common room, Esther came to the conclusion that she would most definitely get lost in this school with her terrible sense of direction. 

She was brought back to reality by floating sticks? Percy Weasley stepped forward and they began attacking him.

[the following extract from Harry Potter and the philosophers stone]

"Peeves," Percy whispered to the first years. "A poltergeist." He raised his voice, "Peeves -- show yourself."
A loud, rude sound, like the air being let out of a balloon, answered.
"Do you want me to go to the Bloody Baron?"
There was a pop, and a little man with wicked, dark eyes and a wide mouth appeared, floating cross-legged in the air, clutching the walking sticks.
"Oooooooh!" he said, with an evil cackle. "Ickle Firsties! What fun!"
He swooped suddenly at them. They all ducked.

"Go away, Peeves or the Baron'll hear about this, I mean it!" barked Percy.
Peeves stuck out his tongue and vanished, dropping the walking sticks on Neville's head. They heard him zooming away, rattling coats of armor as he passed.
"You want to watch out for Peeves," said Percy, as they set off again. "The Bloody Baron's the only one who can control him, he won't even listen to us prefects. Here we are."
At the very end of the corridor hung a portrait of a very fat woman in a pink silk dress.
"Password?" she said.
"Caput Draconis," said Percy, and the portrait swung forward to reveal a round hole in the wall. 

[end of extract]

"Seriously. a hole in the wall?" Esther murmured to the guy next to her- Dean. 

He grinned, "Take it they like the hobbit?"

"Or might have just overused the Minecraft portrait trick." She snickered.

Ron and the twins looked at them, ultimately confused. 

Esther cleared her throat, "Ignore it. It's a muggle thing." 

To avoid explaining video games and modern technology, Esther rushed into the hole in the wall and entered the common room. Let me tell you it was one big common room. The soft yellow and the fiery orange and gold brought a sort of chivalry and warmth to the place. Or maybe that was just the to-die-for sofas and couches lying around. 

Esther was rooming with Hermione, Lavender Brown, and Parvati Patil. Parvati was nice but Lavender angered Esther for some odd reason. She thinks it has to do with the ostentatious amount of perfume she wears. Like, the girl walks around smelling like a bloody bouquet of Gardenia. Esther didn't really like sharing a room so she stayed in her trunk most of the time. She even ended up sleeping there.  

However before she went to sleep, Esther slipped out to get a cup of hot chocolate from the kitchen. Not a very smart thing to do, but when would she listen to logic? Heck, she was reborn in her favorite novel what logic?! The trip went without any issues and she returned to the dorms with a steaming cup of coffee.... only to find Lee lying on the floor motionless and the twins sipping tea on the chairs near him? Esther looked at George.

".... Do I want to know what happened?"

"Would you?" He smiled sagely.

"No....." Esther retreated back into her trunk. 

The next day Esther entered the Great hall right before breakfast looking exhausted. As she plopped down next to  Hermione, Fred shot her a raised eyebrow silently questioning. She ignored him and took a huge bite of her french toast. 

"Esther you look like shit-" Harrison walked up to them and sat down next to her. 

"Thanks for the unnecessary observation Adder." She grumbled. 

Ron narrowed his eyes at him distrustfully but didn't dare say anything. Seems as if he learned his lesson on the train. 

"Where's Hades?" 

"Sitting with this dude Daniel Fenton and his girlfriend."

Esther blinked and stared at him for a second. "Your pulling my leg aren't you."

He grinned, "Nope"

Esther turned around and looked at where Hardrien sat and couldn't help but notice that the guy he sat with looked suspiciously like a certain half-ghost kid. 

"What the hell," she murmured. 

"Anyways, Esther."

"yeah?"

"Want to mess with the magic ceiling so it looks like there's that video of Glamrock Freddy dancing on it?"

".....Sure why not?"

Yeah, let's just say the next day no one was able to close their eyes without seeing Glamrock Freddy twerking. It was especially traumatic to the non-magic.

This one dude from Ravenclaw screamed, "NOT MY CHILDHOOD." 

Ah yes. It was beautiful.