Surprise, Surprise.

Authors note:
last chapter thank you for supporting this journey but the journey has to come to an end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you got slowly worked your way to the top, you wanted to surprise your little boy for his birthday but also you had big news for your family and gorou.

Every weekend when Kotaro would come to see you, you'd pretend that you hadn't woken up yet.
So to his eyes. You were still in a deep slumber.
It was quite cute when he'd bring in Petals of the flowers you loved.

One day during the time of your check up, Kotaro came running in with tears saying that people pick on him cause his mummy won't wake up, she's probably already dead.
It hurt you so much but at least teppei came to your rescue and held the little boy soon to be 4.

————-
Teppei's pov:

Y/n has requested that I keep her awakening a secret from Kotaro but she also said that she had a surprise for everyone?
I was looking after Kotaro for the week as gorou was away for a request by miss kokomi, and thoma was doing missions till late with miss ayaka.

Anyways, everyday I'd pray to god for her quick recovery, Kotaro was in bad shape from not being able to see his mother for so many months. And gorou just was flat out with work. It was shocking when he walked in with smiles one morning. So kazuha walked up to him and thoma.

I thought it was funny that thoma smacked him on the back of the head.

Flashback:

"Hey! What was that for!"
"That's for fucking my sister in the hospital bed and getting caught! Dummy should've done it in the janitors closet!"
"Well excuse me that I was frisky"
"Baka, you still got caught" kazuha joined in.
"Heh!! You saying that you wanna have sex with my wife!?"
"I mean-👀 if your offering" kazuha smirked
"Hey!!! No I'm not sharing!!" Gorou hissed and they all laughed
"Why don't you go stick your dick somewhere else rather than point it at my wife"

Flashback end

To this day, I still think kazuha has feelings for his best friends wife, or we'll actually fiancé. But anyways I'm on my way to pick her up as it's Kotaro's birthday today.

Gorou and everyone else we at home celebrating his birthday, while I said I had a few errands to do before I come over.

And there she was. With her present wrapped and in a bag for her son.

"Hello teppei!" And she hugged me.
She felt warm and comforting. And I felt at peace, but she wasn't mine. And I knew I had to keep these feelings away and find someone else.

"Hello y/n. You ready to go home"
And she hummed her answer. She had small bags under her eyes to indicate she was alittle exhausted from the treatment it's only her first dose so hopefully no harm will come her way. However she did get a cool scar from the battle with Lilith.

It's huge, but that was the only time I got to touch and see her silky smooth skin..

As we walked up to the door, she hesitated going in and grabbed the sleeve to my uniform.

"Will he like the present... will I pain him by coming here?"
She had tears starting to form in her eyes and the only thing I could do was smile and wipe away her pain.

"It's okay, he'll love it and be more happy that you- not a toy maker, or a shop assistant. You-knitted him a toy and that his mother is in his arms again."

She nodded and made a small giggle.
I opened the door slightly, and quickly held her tightly.
"No matter what, I'll always be here. For you"
She smiled and held me gently. And then we walked in.