Evangeline

"Friends, I know I'm in hock to y'all pretty deep already. But it seems like little froggy princess and her brother lost their way and I need your generous assistance to get her back."

Strange noises came from the demons.

"I hear ya. Now, what's in it for y'all? Well, as soon as I dispose of Big Daddy LaBouff and I'm runnin' the town..." He laughed darkly, a shadow casting over his face. "I'll have the entire city of New Orleans in the palm of my hand. And you'll have all the wayward souls your dark little hearts desire."

More noises.

"Y'all love that, don't you?" he laughed again. "So we got ourselves a deal?"

Shrieking this time, along with bright lights.

"Now we're cookin'!" Dr. Facilier cackled, relieved that they were so willing to help. "We're gonna find ourselves a frog! Search everywhere!"

That whooshed away, beginning their search.

"The bayou! The Quarter! Bring her to me alive! I need her heart pumpin' for now. But as for little princey boy...do whatever you want to him."

-

Once getting to the end of the stream, Ray offered, "I'll take dem de rest of de way."

They called out goodbyes as they left.

"Nice meetin' y'all!"

"Bye-bye, pookie!"

Beaudreaux answered back to something Ray said in French. "Will do, Cousin Ray!"

"And doing fo'get to tell Angela Ray-Ray say, 'Bonne chance!' "

"That's your girl?" Tyler asked, most of the fireflies gone by now.

"Oh, no, no. My girl? Ho ho ho! Da's Evangeline."

"Evangeline?"

"She de most prettiest firefly ever did glow." He squealed, adorable, but high-pitched. "You know, I talk to Evangeline most every night. She's kinda shy. Don't say much." He flew up higher, looking up at the sky. "And I know I'm my heart, someday we are gonna be together. Yeah."

"Aww, that's so sweet," Y/n gushed.

"Yeah. So sweet," Naveen said, first dismissively, then said semi seriously, "Just do not settle down too quickly, my friend. There are plenty of fireflies in the swamp."

"Oh my gosh, you are so NOT romantic. What do those girls see in you?" Y/n asked seriously while Tyler groaned.

"What?"

"OWWWWW!!!!!" interrupted their conversation. Louis came running over, a huge thorn in his finger. "Pricker busy got me! Gator down! Gator down!" He fell to the ground, huddled up in a ball, eyes wide and shaking. "The darkness is closin' in! I'm so cold..."

Looking unamused, Ray flew over. "Would you hol' still, you big baby?" he demanded as Louise screamed again. "I ain't touched it yet..."

-

"Oh, take a look at those three jumpers."

"I can taste them frog legs already."

While the two men spoke quietly, watching the frogs carefully, a third jumped up and exclaimed, "Bet they taste real good with the sauce piquant, right, Pa?"

"Will you keep quiet?!" the shortest one whispered fiercely, hitting him over the head with a wooden bat.

Unphased, he said, "Ow."