dinner with da madrigals

i go back home at 4:45 and start to get ready for dinner
"HEY MA IM HOMEE"
"OKAY Y/N"
so it seems i know one madrigal already, being camilo. but thats it. from what i saw i think he shapeshifts? well he shapeshifted into me so i think thats a good guess. i sigh as i brush out my hair and dust off my dress because i wasnt bothered to change. i walked out and mama directed us to the madrigal's estate. the house looked beautiful. it was way bigger than our house, but had a similar design. we were greeted by an older lady.
"hello! welcome to encanto, i'm alma but you can call me abuela alma if you want" directing that last bit to me. she lead us into the house where we sat down at the dinner table. after us was the madrigal family, who sat down as well. i noticed a familiar face smirking at me from across the table. i gave a tight lipped smile to him clearly uncomfortable and his smirk changed into a concerned smile.
"so uh, why don't we introduce ourselves before eating" abuela alma said, breaking the silence the whole table had after a minute of just sitting there.
the first person at the table started.
"hello i'm julieta, i'm the mother of mirabel, luisa and isabella, my gift is that i can heal people with food" a kind lady said, she seemed cool she had a nice, soft, calming tone. the next person got up, quite nervous and sweating.
"hi um, i'm mirabel and i have no gift" she said kind if ashamed. thats a little sad, i felt bad for her, it must be hard not having a gift in a family who does have one. she is very pretty though
"i'm luisa, my gift is super strength" she said flexing her muscles. another pretty person i'm gonna cry.
"hi, i'm isabella, my gift is creating flowers" she said, flowers popping in her hair. oh my god she was gorgeous.
"i'm agustín, i'm these three's father" agustín said pointing at isabella, luisa and mirabel.
"i'm felix, camilo, dolores and antonio's dad" he smiled
"hello, i'm pepa, my mood controls the weather" pepa grinned sheepishly
"i'm dolores, i have super hearing"
"i'm camilo, i can shapeshift !" he said enthusiastically, shapeshifting into me, my ma and pa and back into himself, i smiled
"i'm antonio !" a small kid said
"antonio gets his gift tomorrow" abuela alma said.
"everyone is invited by the way ! would you like to introduce yourselves?"
"sure ! i'm m/n and i am y/n's mom"
"i am f/n, i'm y/n's dad"
i nervously stood up
"i'm y/n, i actually am the only one in my family with a power or so called gift, which is telekinesis" i say lifting a fork with my powers.
they all looked at me in awe
"WOAH THATS SO COOL" antonio exclaimed
i grinned at him and sat back down. he may be the only kid i dont want to kick in the face.
"very nice, now shall we eat?" abuela alma said
"YES" shouted camilo as he quickly grabbed food and shoved it in his mouth. the whole table laughed as we ate.
"compliments to the chef!" mami said, "this is amazing !"
"thank you very much" señora julieta said.
after we ate, abuela alma suggested camilo take mirabel, antonio and i up to his room so everyone else could talk about me helping out with the encanto. i sighed following camilo, knowing i was about to get a bunch of chores from abuela alma, i saw how hard luisa, mirabel, dolores, camilo and isabella work, it doesnt look fun.
as soon as we got into camilo's room i played with antonio, he was a good kid, i prayed to god if i ever did have a kid, they would be like antonio, he was so sweet. we played with his stuffed animals for a bit getting to know mirabel and camilo in the process too. antonio started yawning and mirabel took him saying she would out him to sleep. it just left camilo an i. i flopped on his bed and grabbed my phone.
"wow you're pulling out your phone when you're in someone else's house" camilo brought up
"yeah i am, oh wait that reminds me" i said, bringing up what i was pondering on before "does anyone here, have a phone?"
"a few people do, i mean i do, it's just people barely use it"
"oh cool"
it went silent again
"can i have your number"
"damn you're moving fast hermoso" i said, smirk growing on my face
"please"
"what if i say no"
"thats fine, if i cant call you on the phone then can i just call you mine?"
..
"that's cringe" i said squinting my eyes
"i know, that's what makes it a good pickup line" he chuckled, laying down beside me
"so what can you do with your telekinesis"
"well" i said "i can do this" i said lifting camilo into the air.
"WOAH" he kinda freaked out HAHA i laughed as he flailed in the air and put him down
"hey stop laughing !"
"IT WAS FUNNY THOUGH AHAHSH" i said practically cackling. i conposed myself, taking deep breaths in and out as he stared at me blankly. i giggled a bit and started giggling too.
"anyways" i said "i can practically move anything with my mind, but the more i do it, the more exhausted i get.
"that sucks, shapeshifting barely takes any effort for me"
i just looked at him and playfully rolled my eyes
"but" he continued
"sometimes, because i shapeshift into so many people, so many times, i start to lose myself i suppose"
damn.
that was a deep confession.
"but i have places and things i do to cope, wanna see?!" he asked excitedly "i'll show you this place, it's really pretty!"
"sure, why not" i replied, a genuine smile on my face
"let's go!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1009 words
damn deep confessions already 😪