•Episode 1•

[Disclaimer: Here Camilo and Emilia are 16-17 years old]

It was a bright sunny day in Encanto the small town surrounded by mountains far from civilization. Which meant Pepa Madrigas was happy.

Emilia, Callie and their dad just moved back to their old house after years.

-It was finally time.-Emilia said to her dad as she was packing out the kitchen stuff. Callie was outside, so she finally had time to talk to her dad in private, who was just getting ready to leave for a job interview.

-Mi hija.-He sighed stopping.-I know you wanted to move back so badly. And I understand why: "We have to embrace the past and move on to become stronger, even thought it will be hard for all of us." You told us this. You are a wise kid.-He smiled while patting her head.-Also you are the support pillar of the family at the moment, which is why I'm so proud of you.-He paused looking deeply in her eyes.

-I will always do my best.-Emilia's eyes shined as she gave him a warm smile.

-Alright mi hija.-He chuckled.-I trust you, but don't pressure yourself! Oh look at the time!-He looked at his watch shockingly.-I have to go.-He kissed her forehead and rushed to the door then suddenly stopped and looked back at her.-Can you look out for your sister? I will try to be around and with you guys as much as possible but I can't be here always.-he looked sad.

Emilia felt so heartbroken seeing her papá be so weak after her mother died. She would do anything to see him and her little sister Callie feel free again and joyful.

-Of course papá! You can always trust me.-she smiled as she waved goodbye.

-I love you mi hija!-He said with a relieved smile and left.

Emilia looked at her dad walking away and disappearing in the busy street.
She felt nostalgic as she remembered when everything was alright in this house. The smell of arepa con queso roaming in the kitchen, the gentle touch of her mother who was pregnant with Callie at the time, and her dad helping out with house chores.

The house now felt cold even though there was always summer there. Without her mom their dad worked harder and was rarely there with them. And it was Emilia's job to look out for the household. She missed her mom but she had to be strong for everyone.

————————————————————————

The sun began to set. After they packed out and cleaned up Emilia thought they needed to visit the neighbors tomorrow.

-Hey Callie~!-She shouted to her sis who was in her room decorating, but probably being distracted by her toys, so just playing around with them.

-Yes?-she shouted back from upstairs.

-Do you wanna do something fun with your big sis?-Emilia asked playfully. She knew how to lure her sister into doing chores.

Soon she heard her sister's little feet running down the stairs.

-Yes!-she stopped at the kitchen door with stars in her eyes.

-Oh how adorable with her blond messy locks.-Emilia thought.

-Hey come her you pequeño ángel! What happed to your hair? Have a bird tried to lay it's egg in it?-she fixed it as her sis laughed at her joke.-Now! We will visit the neighbors tomorrow!

-Nooh!-Callie whimped.
She was a shy kid and always hid behind mama's skirt and now behind Emilia's.

-Don't be like that mi princessa! You will meet the coolest people here! Have you heard about the Madrigal family yet?-She asked mischievously.
Callie shook her head.

-Well then!-Emilia sat her down at a chair.-They are a family up the hill with a big magical house.-She started telling her gesturing with her hands.-All of them have a special gift.

-What type of gift?-She asked leaning in with interest shining in her eyes.

-A magical gift. Like a super power!-She whispered and the little one was amused.-I'm sure you will love them.

-How do you know this stuff?
-Well you know, when I was the same age as you, I have played with them a lot mostly because of mamá. You know she knew the family well since she was best friends and childhood friends with the adults the same age as her from there. She told me tails about them.-She smiled looking away remembering the sweet moments with her mother.

-Will you tell me those stories someday?-the little one asked looking down playing with her hand. She seemed a bit gloomy thinking about their mamá, so Emilia knew she has to cheer her up.

-Of course! But now let's bake! Will you help me? You know it's no fun without ya!-she smiled brightly which cheered up the little girl.

-Yes!

————————————————————————

They had so much fun baking! Emilia love to spend time with Callie. She was a bright kid who needed support since she was shy and became sick easily. Emilia was always worried about her since she was scared of losing her like she lost her mother. Also even though they lost their mother she wanted the little one to have a bright childhood and don't miss out on anything. Emilia was the one who had to show her a strong women example. It was her duty.

-You look tired.-she pat Callie's head. They were waiting for the cookies to bake and Callie was closing her eyes frequently and yawning.
She shook her head as every kid would which made Emilia chuckle.

-You won't fool me! Let's go to bed.-she bended down and Callie climbed up to her back.
She carried the half asleep girl up to her bed, carefully put her down and tucked her in.

-I will take care of you. So just be free.-she whispered while brushing her hair and kissing her in her forehead.
She carefully closed her door and walked downstairs.

*The next day*

Emilia woke up before everyone and started making coffee and breakfast.

Their papá came home late at night, because he already started working after he got the job. Emilia waited 'till he got home and packed the cookies while waiting.

After everyone ate and their dad went out to work, Callie and Emilia got ready too.
Emilia wore a white styled shirt with green buttons which suited her green skirt with tree motives on it. It brought out her green eyes. She styled her hair half up half down with a white scarf with wines on it.
Also she put on some of her mothers green jewelries. She felt warm inside when she touched the jewelries. It was like a piece of her mom is always with her.

-Sis! We need to go!-Callie shouted being excited after yesterday's speech. She never seen her this excited to go out and it made her happy.

-Alright, alright!-she ran down the stairs seeing her sister dressed in the same colors.-Who is this bonita?-She fake gasped and smiled while Callie spun around gracefully.

They grabbed the cookies and left the house.
There were a lot of kids in the town and after visiting so many kinds of families Callie relaxed too and awkwardly greeted the kids in the same age.
Emilie just heard people's condolences about their mother and how strong she is, over and over again. It was nice and people were kind, but she got a bit bored of it, so she always changed the subject.

Finally they got to the hill.

-Finally!-Callie said sounding really excited. She was asking when will they get to this house every ten minute.

-Are ya ready little one?-She smiled down, but she didn't needed to hear it from her to know the answer.

-Just knock!-She said being annoyed and knocked quite loudly.

-Okay, okay calm down.-Emilia chuckled and froze as they saw the door opening.

/A/N: Heey! Firstly, I'm a Hungarian so sorry if I write something incorrectly.
Actually, I wrote this fanfic for myself to escape from the real world but I think it deserves to be read by others too.
Please leave comments if you have any reactions because I would love to read your feedbacks. Hope you enjoy it😊/