Chp.5 They know

   Amara Argent walked to her twin sisters room with her aunt

   Amara Argent walked to her twin sisters room with her aunt. It was the twins birthday and Kate had decided to give the girls their birthday presents early as an apology.
 "Hey, you know I feel super horrible about what happened," Kate told Allison when she entered her room, Amara right behind her.
"Come on Call me a horrid bitch or something."
"You were just being protective," Allison told her.
"She was being a protective, horrid bitch," Amara joked and Kate gave her a look still smiling. Amara moved to stand by Allison, wrapping her arm around her shoulders and leaning her head on the chair.
"Who is giving you guys your birthday present early as an apology," Kate added handing them a necklace. 
 "It's a family heirloom, and you know me I hate and loathe all sentimental crap, but that, well look at the symbol in the middle of the pendant. See that?"
"Yeah," the twins responded. 
"You ever wanna learn something about your family? Look it up."
"You're gonna make us work for it, On our birthday?" Amara asked with fake annoyance, she loved a challenge.
"Some mysteries are worth the effort," she replied, putting the necklace on Allison then handing Amara something else.
"I had a duplicate made for my favorite twins," She put this necklace around the youngest argent's neck. Both twins gave her a hug and she smiled.
 They told her goodbye before leaving for school. Amara had a feeling that the necklace had something to do with the secret they were keeping. When she opened her locker a bunch of purple and blue balloons started to tumble out Amara laughed a little as Scott came up.
"Is it your birthday?" He asked Alli. 
Who immediately had an awkward reaction. Because of moving around they had to repeat a year causing them to be seventeen year old sophomores. Thus they would always hear a bunch of rumors about it that are stupid and annoying it always bothered Allison more than it bothered Amara. She cares a lot and Amara loved her for it.
"You're asking someone who hasn't skipped one class to skip a whole day," Amara heard Allison say.
"Come on, Alli. Live a little it's your birthday," She told her twin, Allison laughed rolling her eyes in amusement.
"It's yours too," Was her response and Amara smiled at the fact that she dodged my comment.
"Happy Birthday, Amara," Scott interjected and she smiled in at him gratefully before turning back to Allison.
"Yeah and I'm probably gonna skip and go to Lydia's."
"What do you mean? Is she not here today?" She asked.
" Yeah, Jackson got attacked last night by the animal she was with him. She's okay physically but she's having some trouble explaining what she saw."
"Oh, well tell me if she's okay," Alli responded, immediately worried. Lydia meant a lot to both of the twins. She was their first friend.
"If you go with your boyfriend," Amara bargained, Allison laughed at her sisters persistence.
   "Fine," Allison agreed and Amara smiled as Allison gave her a small side hug.
    As soon as Allison disappeared around the corner. Amara walked out the opposite doors and headed into the parking lot. She saw Scott's bike and grinned. He would be pissed later for sure but Amara smiled to herself and got on the bike anyways.
   Amara parked Scott's bike by Lydia's house and walked up to the door knocking.
"Amara," Miss Martin greeted, " Don't you have school?"
  "Yes, but it's my birthday, Ms. Martin and I would really like to see my best friend on my birthday," Amara explained. There was no point in lying to her she would see through it. Natalie seemed to think for a second before opening the door wider.
"Come on in, Dear." Amara smiled at her politely and walked upstairs. Lydia was a wreck compared to how she usually looked. Which was normal considering the circumstances but concerned Amara nonetheless. Her strawberry blonde perfect curls had fallen out and looked slightly unbrushed,  she was wearing a blue and white night gown and she looked dazed. Amara glanced at the nightstand and saw a bottle of pills, "How many have you had?" She muttered to myself. Having heard the door open Lydia looked up at her best friend. She was immediately filled with excitement, a faded smile appearing on her face.
"Amara?" She asked. Said argent walked further into the room and sat down on her bed causing Lydia's smile to brighten even more like the sun had come out during winter. Despite everything Lydia Martin still looked effortlessly beautiful and that was something Amara could never understand.
  "Yeah. Lyds, how are you doing?" Amara asked concern lacing her tone as she softly spoke laying her hand on Lydia's.
   "Perfect," she answered drowsily before excitement dawned on her face, "It's your birthday." Amara nodded in response, smiling at her excitement. The door opened and Stiles and Miss. Martin slowly walked in.
"Lydia there's a Stiles here to see you," her mom said.
" What the hell is a Stiles?" Lydia asked and Amara chuckled quietly, covering her mouth when stiles glared at her
"She had a little something to ease her nerves," Ms. Marin explained before turning to look at Amara, "Oh, Amara, she has a birthday presents for you and Allison on her dresser." 
  "Thanks, Ms. Martin," Amara responded with a smile as Stiles sat down next to her.
"It's your birthday?" He asked,  and Amara laughed a little giving him a "yeah" before looking back at Lydia, Stiles following her eye sight.
"How's she feeling?" Stiles asked, worry showing on his pale face.
 "I feel Fantastic," Lydia replied slurring her words a little, Stiles grabbed the pill bottle from beside her, Amara and him shared a look of concern.
"I bet you can't say I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop 10 times fast, " Amara told Lydia. Lydia  looked at her with a challenging look,
"I shaw, Shuzie-" She started, she placed her hand on Amara's thigh and the argent smiled amused, "I shaw-" She laughed for a moment then she had a look of almost fear on her face.
"I saw," She said again.
"What did you see, Lydia?" Stiles asked with concern.
"Something."
"Something Like a Mountain Lion?" He questioned further.
"Mountain Lion." She repeated.
"Are you sure you saw a Mountain Lion or are you just saying that because that's what the police told you?" Amara questioned.
 "Mountain Lion," She repeated A dazed smile on her face.
"Lydia, What's this?" Stiles asked her holding up a toy Giraffe, Amara fidled with her necklace as she watched Stiles and Lydia. She was worried for Lydia, whatever she saw must have really fucked with her if she was this zooted.
 "Mountain Lion." She answered with full confidence.
"You're so drunk," Stiles said as she fell back onto Amara, Amara moved her hand from her necklace and ran her hand through her hair comfortingly, looking at Stiles.
"Stiles why are you so interested in what she saw?" The argent asked.
"Because I don't think she saw what she says she saw," He explained and Amara could tell he was holding something back. Lydia was asleep on her at this point.
"What do you think it is?" Amara asked again.
"You'll think it's crazy."
"Try Me."
"A wolf," He told her. Amara laughed a little in slight disbelief "A wolf?"
"See, told you," He said looking around Lydia's room.
"No, No. I don't think it's crazy. It's just wolves in California?" Amara continued to play with Lydia's hair and her phone chimed. Stiles picked it up,
"It's a text," He said,  "I don't know how to-" He stopped mid sentence and Amara glanced at the phone a video was playing and the thing looked like a wolf but not a normal wolf.
"I don't understand, " She stated, "What the hell is that?"
"A wolf, " Stiles said he got up quickly and ran out of the room.
"What?" Amara looked at Lydia, she didn't understand any of it. She could tell people were acting weird but she had no clue why.  " I don't know what's going on, Lyds."
"Mmmm," Was all she heard in response.
"Fair."
   Amara sat there with Lydia asleep on her for hours, she would go in between watching the video on her phone, trying to text her sister and research on the necklace.
"It feels like everyone knows some secret that I don't and I need to know what it is that I'm missing," She told Lydia who was just waking up.
"Amara?" She asked.
"Hey, Darling." Amara greeted with a small smile. She didn't feel good about any of this but she wasn't going to let Lydia see her worry. Lydia got up and went to fix her makeup and hair almost like she was trying to put herself back together.
"I'm sorry," She apologized quietly, "For this," she continued gesturing to her state.
"It's all good," Amara reassured her, sending her a half smile. She watched Lydia's process in admiration, the strawberry blonde so quickly put herself back together. Amara wished she understood she didn't have to fix herself in front of Amara. Amara Argent didn't mind her mess, she cared about Lydia either way.

Allison and Amara's Parents Victoria and Chris sat with one of their teachers.
"Allison Argent. A sweet girl even despite all the moving."
 "We know it's hard on the girls but it's a necessary evil," Chris explained.
"Yes. And Amara Argent. Smart girl 2nd in her class. She's a clever girl it's her smart mouth that gets her in trouble," The teacher explained further.
"Yes. We're aware that Amara has a bit of an attitude but we have taught both of our girls to be mindful of what they say," Victoria Argent told her.
"Yes, Yes. I see that both girls are high socially and academically. And both are very sweet although Allison seems a little distracted lately. Tell them both that I hope they feel better."
"They weren't in class?"
"They weren't in school."

Amara sat at her desk researching she felt like she was close to answers. Stiles, Kate, her parents. They all knew something. Something they weren't saying. She got a call from my dad and declined it considering it was almost 100% about her skipping. The lecture could wait till they got home. When her parents did get home they grounded both twins. Allison told her there was an attack at the school and Sheriff Stillinski had been hurt. Their Dad shot it.  People weren't being attacked by a Mountain Lion. And Kate, her dad, her mom, probably her whole fucking family. They knew this and Kate is the only one who would tell her. But she would figure it out, she wouldn't let them sit here and lie to her. She was too smart to let them get away with it. Unfortunately Kate wanted to play on that.

  A/N
I'm planning on having Amara figure it all out before Allison did on the show so her confrontation with Kate should be soon.