Prequel/Cast

Vesper sat down next to Eli and scooted a bit closer to him. "Hey," she nudged his shoulder gently.

"Hi," Eli looked down at his hands. It was movie night for the both of them, well Demetri too. But Demetri was at his last week of camp of the summer.

"What do you wanna watch?" Vesper asked and grabbed the remote off of Eli's coffee table. He had the basement to himself so it was a plus.

"I don't care really?" Eli shrugged and leaned into her more. Tonight he was going to tell her he had a huge crush on her.

"I heard As Above So Below is really good, you know the one about the catacombs?" She shrugged as she searched it up on the TV.

"Okay good deal," Eli nodded and Vesper flipped it on.

     The movie played and Eli made a bold move, he slipped his hand into Vesper's. She squeezed it and kept her eyes on the movie.

"Ves?" Eli looked at the blue haired girl as the movie went on. Catching them both off guard.

"Yeah?" She looked at him.

"I, uh, you don't have to say yes, but  would you be my girlfriend?"

"Oh my god, do you know how long I've been waiting for you to ask me that?" Vesper smiled and turned to look at Eli. Eli smiled, feeling his scar pulling tight.

"Really?" Eli looked down at their intertwined hands.

"Yeah," Vesper giggled and kissed his cheek. What a way to start their sophomore year of high school.

~One Year Later~

"What the hell Eli?" Vesper paced back and forth. They had both returned to Eli's after the fight and school had been called off.
Vesper was a mess of tears and anger. Miguel could be dead, her boyfriend beat the shit out of Demetri, Eli got his shit rocked by Demetri, and Sam and Miguel are in the hospital.

"I was defending Miguel, plus Demetri is a traitor. He disrespected our dojo." Eli barked at Vesper as he sat on his couch.

"Oh to fuck with that! Miguel could die! I'm calling my dad." She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and called him.  Eli laid his head in his hands as Vesper talked with her dad. She hung up and walked back over.

"Miguel showed sympathy to Robby and now he could be dead," Eli breathed out, not looking up to face her.

"Shut the fuck up Eli. Robby is my brother!" Vesper hissed through her teeth, "I'm sorry we're done."

"What?" Eli stood up from the couch and pulled off his shirt. He pointed at the tattoo of her name and candy hearts surrounding it. "This means forever."

"I didn't ask you to do that!" Vesper sniffed and ran up the stairs and out the front door. Almost on cue, Johnny pulled up and she stepped in the car. Vesper wiped her tears on the collar of her shirt and leaned her arm on the door.

"What's wrong?" Johnny looked over at her.

"Just take me home." Vesper shook her head and leaned her head against her hand.