~1~

Vesper leaned against the dojo after the first day at Miyagi-Fang had been dismissed. Eli walked over to her.

"Hey I just wanted to say; I'm really sorry for everything that happened. I know I've said it so many times now but," Eli stopped as Vesper but in.

"No, it's okay I swear." She sipped on her water bottle, and then winked, grinning slyly."Also, yes, I'll go on a date with you."

"What? How'd you know?" Eli furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're very predictable!" Vesper giggled and pushed at his shoulder lightly.

"Well, okay. I'll text you with updates," Eli smiled and nodded.

"Eli, don't sweat it about kicking through the screen. It's no big deal!" Sam smiled reassuringly as she walked over. Eli nodded and played it smooth as he slipped an arm around Vesper.

"Ves, Miguel, let's head home. We're cooking tonight for the Diaz's." Johnny walked over, "Hawk quit hitting on my daughter."

"Bye Eli." Vesper kissed his cheek, and headed towards the door. Demetri gave a short, surprised look at Eli and Vesper. Eli waved and Miguel said bye to Sam and followed after her.
Vesper buckled her seatbelt as Johnny got in and started the shitty van and headed on to the road.

"Can't believe you're getting back together with Hawk, Ves." Johnny shook his head.

"Well, Dad, it's my life." Vesper shrugged and opened up her phone.

"Dinner is served," Johnny carried the plate over to the table, "All right, tonight's main course is fajitas and grilled vegetables and Pico de Gallo with corn and flour tortillas."

"Wow this looks delicious! Thank you Johnny and Vesper." Carmen smiled.

"Thanks, we got the recipe off the Chili's website, we wanted it to be authentic." Johnny smiled and nodded over to Vesper and she forced a reassuring grin. At least they were stepping it up, Vesper used to have to rely on the shitty Slim Jims and whatever Eli would bring her for lunch.

Carmen and Miguel snickered as Yaya made a comment about Johnny's 'authentic Mexican.'

"Here, we also got this," Vesper grabbed the jug of salsa, "It's spicy mango salsa." She handed it over to Johnny.

"Just like the old country," Johnny smiled and dumped some onto Yaya's plate.

"Gracias" Yaya held up her hand as Johnny was being too generous with the shitty salsa.

"So how was the big first day for everyone?" Carmen asked.

"Uh, you know it's the first day, work in progress." Johnny shrugged.

"I'm happy you and Daniel are working together, I just want to make sure Miggy's safe." Carmen smiled.

"My back is in better shape than ever, you don't have to worry." Miguel sighed.

"She's your mom, she's always gonna worry." Vesper nodded through a bite of the chicken.

"I'm watching him, don't worry." Johnny nodded.

Miguel blushed in embarrassment as his Yaya began to ask him about doing karate with Sam.

"Well I'm glad you and Sam are back together. She's cute." Carmen took a sip of her water.

"I'm not the only one who's getting back together with an ex, right Vesper? Right sensei?" Miguel pushed up an eyebrow with a shit eating smirk.

"I just said yes to a date that's all," Vesper shrugged.