Part One.

Meliodas was a druggie. He was fine with that fact, but he hated being referred to as an addict. He- like many others- believed he could quit any time he wanted, it was just the fact that he didn't want to quit that held him back.

After all, life was short, miserable, and cruel, so if he found a way to liven it up who cared if it took off some years?

He had the usual tragic story of a drug user. Watched his parents die, went through foster care where he was beaten and hurt repeatedly, before always getting sent back from his temporary homes where he watched kid after kid all get picked over him. By the time he turned thirteen he ran away from it all and nearly starved to death while praying that he'd go in his sleep from freezing in the cold before hunger got to him.

However it was just before that became a likely scenario that he received the only act of kindness he ever had. A boy around his age named Ban invited him in once finding him digging through their trash and the nice family took care of him. Gave him clothes, food, a warm bath, and a bed to sleep in for two months. The blond had started to relax after that point. Ban became his best friend and the older brother he never had, and his parents made Meliodas feel like he once again had a family of his own. However, after those two months came and went, hard times fell upon the family after the father was arrested for illegally taking in the boy and the family gave him up shortly after to free the man. After all, he wasn't ever truly a part of that family, there was no need to fight for him or custody.

So back to foster care he went, where the first home he arrived in abused him in multiple ways for the first time. That was also the point when Meliodas tried his first drug that belonged to the "parent" who had taken him in. He was injected with it if he ever struggled during certain times and very quickly found himself addicted to the feeling it gave him. It allowed him to escape whatever horrible experiences he was forced into. So, a druggie was born at the young age of fourteen and as soon as he was out of the system his new life of addiction was started.

By nineteen he was in clubs and had a new person in bed every night, and by twenty he was also addicted to alcohol and had the pleasure of finding his old pal from seven years ago, Ban. Apparently the man was incredibly sad about losing his "little brother" and after finding him wanted to get some closure and be friends as adults. But to be honest, at the time Meliodas was so high and buzzed he barely even remembered half of the talk, he apparently got Ban's number though and since Meliodas was what many people called a functional addict, he built a steady relationship pretty fast without much suspicion of his self destructive hobbies.

Eventually though, Ban found out, and the two were shockingly "so close" that Ban wanted to help instead of got angry. He would pick up the blond if he was sloshed, let him crash if he couldn't pay bills, and even gave him cash from time to time after a quick sob story. It was a great arrangement! But unfortunately not a lasting one. After lying about getting help or brushing it off one too many times, Ban had had enough.

The current time was two in the afternoon, and after mixing pills with drinking the night before at a party, Meliodas had been so out of it he could barely walk straight, which meant he called his trusty friend in a daze to come pick him up, thus blowing his cover of "getting help" that had previously got Ban off of his back about his habits.

"Ugh my head is killing me.. w-where's my bag?"

As frantic, shaky, hands searched for the item holding the thing his body craved, a door opened and Ban walked in with a tired, disappointed look.

"Looking for this?"

Holding up a zip lock back that had previously been in Meliodas's satchel, the blond responded within a beat to the question.